Baby blue tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Reaction score
Hi, my blue-tongue recently had 7 babies unexpectedly (as i thought she was a male) 5 of which died, one of them was already out of his sack bye the time i found them and is doing well but the other one was cut out of his sack as a last resort, he is not doing well at all!! he is literally dehydrating, as he will not drink or eat at all, is there anything i can do, or is this just natures way?

Have you tried to give it a drink via a tube?
Did it get to eat the placenta and were the other 5 born weak or dead?
Im no expert with this sort of thing and have to ask lots of questions myself.
I hope someone with bluey experience will answer with useful info..

ok, this is what i do with rescue bluey babies............

dropper of water with a little glucose, drip on his nose, or tilt him to the side and drizzle along his jaw line.
the best way to rehydrate reptiles is to just put them in water, so a very small amount of water in a shallow dish with a face washer, pop him on the face washer and let him soak, keep an eye on him as he may drown, hence the washer and small amount of water.
Mix a bit of reptivite and calcium sandos into some fruit baby food and syringe feed him slowly and gently by pryig his mouth at the side, and slowly squirt a small amount into his mouth.

Best of luck.

ssssnakeman bye the time i found them i think a few may have been dead but most of them just very weak, exept for one who is strong, it got to eat a bit of it's placenta but it was very dry. How would i give it a drink via tube?
Thanks for the reply

A thumb and forefinger on each side of the jaw, exert a small amount of pressure and the mouth should open.
If it dosnt open go back to pythonesses idea of a face washer sponge bath or soak.
Actually forget about the tube and the mouth opening and just do what pythoness said.
drizzle along his jaw line.
the best way to rehydrate reptiles is to just put them in water,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back