baby bredli wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9890

i have a new male bredli who is around 6 weeks old, such a beautiful snake so gentle but he just wont eat. ive tried to feed him a few times over the past few weeks... started on fuzzy mice, then tried pinky mice, then tried in the tub and out but still not instreaded... i then got i live pinky and had it in the tub all of yesterday last night and all today but when i got home it was still there. i tried putting it on him but he will just look at it and smell it then slide away.
i dont no if im been worried for no reason or if this is a problem.
dose anyone have any suggestions on anything else i could try to get him eating?

How big is the tub you are keeping it in, whats the temp range and how much cover does it have
to hide in/under?

Have you tried braining the fuzzy mouse

non eating bredli

perch / branch....put something in for him to climb on [several]...leave him be for 24hrs, making sure you can see him without disturbing him, when he's on his new branch, in the evening try him again 90% of the time this will get them eating....cheers solar 17 [good luck]

he is in a 10lL tub. ive but branches in there already and a hide but ill put some more in. when i put the live pinky in i covered it with a towel so it would b dark and so he wouldn't c us and i left him alone.
ill try some more branches and braining the pinky (hope this works)
thanks for all the help :)

on a heat mat at 33 but it has the tub and paper towles so its around 30 inside. and i have just over half the tub over the hear mat

Who sold you a bredli not feeding properly is my question?

How many feeds has it had before you got it? And what was it feeding on.

Other than that do the following. Leave it alone completely for 7 days, no touching or looking just leave it. Keep it hot, try to get the warm spot to 32-34 deg. Then offer a fuzzy mouse or a velvet, baby bredli like fur. If it snaps at it this is good. It may drop it several times. Rub it up and down each side of it's neck then offer it again at it's mouth.

Try this several times.

If it will not take leave another few days and try again.

Most important don't let the temp drop much below 30 deg C even at 1am in the morning.

Good Luck!

I have it on good authority that it was feeding well when you got it.

So as i said, leave it alone for a week and let it settle in, and then try what i said. It's probably just settling in.

Cheers

Don't worry about it, leave it alone for a week or three and then just keep trying every week or so......check the temps and all that stuff but don't worry.

12 months ago I had a baby Darwin that didn't have its first feed until it was 6 yes 6 months old and now it's fine, eats like a pig.
Interestingly over that 6 months it only lost 3 or 4 grams in weight.
Even a baby can go for a hell of a long time without eating.

i have a new male bredli who is around 6 weeks old, such a beautiful snake so gentle but he just wont eat. ive tried to feed him a few times over the past few weeks... started on fuzzy mice, then tried pinky mice, then tried in the tub and out but still not instreaded... i then got i live pinky and had it in the tub all of yesterday last night and all today but when i got home it was still there. i tried putting it on him but he will just look at it and smell it then slide away.
i dont no if im been worried for no reason or if this is a problem.
dose anyone have any suggestions on anything else i could try to get him eating?

I was in the exact same situation with a Bredli of the same age. This was like two days ago.I tried feeding him a fuzzy in a feeder tub and he showed absolutely no interest.. So I left him a few more days, and left him in the feeder tub with a defrosted pinkie. I then placed the tub on the same heat cord that heats his click clack and he snapped the pinkie up...
Hope that helps as I know what its like when they won't eat but i wouldn't stress

thanks to all the great help from everyone i finaly got my little guy to eat!! it was great :) i waited till he was very settled on his new branch and i put the pinky brain all over the pinky then held it to him rubbing it on his neck and he ever so gently bit it then ate it! so thanks to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back