Baby Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadoosh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I fed my baby Diamond python for the second time and this time she has been very aggressive and active since i fed her for about 3 days now is she still in a feeding mode? is she going into shed? or is she just hungry and i need to up her feeding?

hi mate. How big is the python and what size food are you feeding it. It may be heading into a shed. If the snake appears milky then it will soon shed. Has it passed its last meal?
Also can you tell us a bit about its enclosure?
Cheers

she is usually a yellow but she is looking quite milky, she is probably about 30cm long a bit over. She eats fuzzies at the moment and her enclosure is fairly large for her size but she seems very comfortable in it. she might be going into shed be she only started acting up just after i fed her at first i thought it was just a feeding mode but has been three days now so not to sure, she will try bite me if i put my hand up to the enclosure glass which she never use to do.

Yeah she is probably heading into a shed mate. How long have you had the python? has it fed before in your care?

yes this all happened after her second feed so i have her for three weeks, i guess it makes sense that she would be going into shed.

She's also still young and will be feeling very vulnerable if she is going to shed. Just leave her be, she'll come good.

Alright thanks guys :) should i put a towel over the enclosure from some privacy? because she is in my room and can always see me which doesn't usually bother her but maybe in shed i should cover her up?

No just leave her alone as much as possible for the time being. My Mac more or less hides for up to two weeks when she sheds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back