Bad news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you took a gamble on a crook (cheap?) animal and lost, it happens.

I dont think he was really taking a gamble on a crook animal, when he said the photos he was given showed the animal was in good condition - all he could assume was that it was in good condition.

Looks like you were screwed over pretty bad mate, theres some dodgy buggers out there. But not everyone is ****, a breeder who sold a snake to me once that was sexed wrong offered me a swap or refund if I wished. I didn't really care if it was male or female but the gesture was quite honorable.

Someone who keeps and breeds reptiles is someone who loves and cares for his/her reptiles...

Very sorry to hear of that...

So wrong! People like that give the people who do care and look after their animals a bad name. I dont know how these losers (being polite) sleep at night, but then i guess as long as they get their money they sleep quite soundly!

I had a ortopsy done it was liver Disease they said it would of been over more then 8 days to kill it.

Pluss it was a adult and looked in bad health when I got her.[/QUOTE]

Buyer beware... never buy a sick-looking animal, even to try to save it. You've got no case, even if the seller has been a prick.

Jamie

Sorry to hear that. Lesson learnt, unfortunately there are some people out there who will take advantage of you like that. Makes it hard for the honest people out there. If it was from a member here you could use the marketplace feed back system.

if the necropsy said liver disease thats not something that happens over night,....even if the seller didnt know you definately deserve a refund,....

if the necropsy said liver disease thats not something that happens over night,....even if the seller didnt know you definately deserve a refund,....

Yeah if the seller was half decent to answer my calls or call me back.

Aw thats so sad :(

Ok well I think I know the problem.
If you had everything 100% correct, it would'nt of been your fault. And the breeder/owner just proved that by saying "not my problem" rather than trying to help a bit or give you advise/solve the problem. He obviously doesn't really care about animals and gave you a sick lizard just for money without telling you he was ill so you could get some help (since most people probably wouldnt of bought him for the full price).
If he was 100% trustworthy with having a healthy pet for sale, I know this may sound strange(i thought it was at first too), he wouldve given you some sort of warranty to prove he wouldnt pass away at any point. My sister's pug had a warranty too from the breeder lol its the weirdest thing I ever heard at first, but they said they would refund if the pug died for some reason, proving that they were selling a healthy puppy.
A seller who cares about their animals, wouldve tried to help out 100% because yeah, it's a sad thing to happen. It's not like its a $2 peice of plastic you just snapped, its a living thing. & also 8 days?! thats very short. Even wild frillys in remote areas who are short of food and shelter still make it through longer than that! It was seriously the seller's fault who just wanted to con you.
I'm sorry you had to go through that, I can't think of anything you can do about it, so I'd say next time you go to a more known/trusted breeder who can guarantee you your new reptile will live under your good conditions, otherwise your money back. It's not worth losing another little guy :(

Anyway I hope that gave you kind of a clearer picture! & not to think it's something that might've happened because of you.
M.

Last edited:
br3nton can you please forward me the details to the person you had delt with , cheers

Same with me, I'll be in the market for a lizard, possibly a frilly, in the future and I dont want to get ripped off.

If anyone wants frillys I highly recommend James Haberfield he's in Vic by far one of the best frilly breeders I have met in saying that I have met a few now and there all not dodgy if you find hatchling the breeder must be doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back