Barking Dogs - ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did exactly the same, i got my Bluey (R.I.P) a shock collar because she was a constant barker, it was the best thing i ever got. She was quite almost straight away. Theyre great!

LOL I thought you were joking and you meant you had used it for your blue tongue!!!

I knew someone who got a shock collar, and all it did was cause the dog to bark when it was shocked.. It had different levels on it, and none worked.. It would bark, get the shock, and react with another, more agitated bark,

Unfortunatly it dosnt work for everyone.. not sure if they still have the dog..

Debarking a dog sounds a bit like voiding a snake, where are the moral police?

im waiting for sombody to complain about mums dogs well one do we have three but ones a trouble maker and never shuts up no matter what we do and they wont let me 1. kill the horrid thing (prefferd option) 2. get it de barked (not a fan of this but its viable) 3. buy a citronella collar (cant figure out why they wont let me do this its non harmfull and is effortless) we have tryed everything else with this dog (multies x french poodle) she just to smart she knows when she doing somthing wrong and doesnt care or she does it for attention but when you give her a good half hour of attention she just goes striaght back to barking if you try and interact with the other dogs she pushes them outta the way or jumps on you agian she knows its wrong she does it anyway and if you ignore he she poos on the deck or the outside chairs. horrible dog i hate it i want it dead or sold or .... well im already getting ready to move outta home cuz of it. i really wish i could just feed it to a snake a nice big olive or scrubbie. :D

im waiting for sombody to complain about mums dogs well one do we have three but ones a trouble maker and never shuts up no matter what we do and they wont let me 1. kill the horrid thing (prefferd option) 2. get it de barked (not a fan of this but its viable) 3. buy a citronella collar (cant figure out why they wont let me do this its non harmfull and is effortless) we have tryed everything else with this dog (multies x french poodle) she just to smart she knows when she doing somthing wrong and doesnt care or she does it for attention but when you give her a good half hour of attention she just goes striaght back to barking if you try and interact with the other dogs she pushes them outta the way or jumps on you agian she knows its wrong she does it anyway and if you ignore he she poos on the deck or the outside chairs. horrible dog i hate it i want it dead or sold or .... well im already getting ready to move outta home cuz of it. i really wish i could just feed it to a snake a nice big olive or scrubbie. :D
OBVIOUSLY she knows how to get your attention....classic;)
look for ignorant neighbours with barking dogs ...fill up a post pack with doggy doo and post it to them.......may as well make their life as crap as they are making yours..:lol::lol::lol:...

was too scared to go over there still last night - but i rang my landlord who also looks after the place next door and she said she'll have a word to them :p hahaha
i dont care what noise they make during the day, its natural for dogs to bark - i have a small dog myself but i taught it from a pup not to bark (i wasn't allowed dogs at the house i originally lived at when we got her)
She lives with my mum now though and still doesn't really bark.. nothin really phases her.

dogs didn't really bark much last night tho which was good :D

...instead my stupid little beeeeeeeeep of a kitten kept me up all night by biting my hand, knee, face, foot, whatever it could find sticking outta the blanket (when i got outta bed, had a shower and came back into the room, he was curled up asleep against my boyfriends back) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

THe problem with confronting them and asking them to sort out the barking - if nothing happens and you have to go to council then they will DEFINITELY know it is you! Are there any other neighbours nearby? If you just report them straight to council then you could probably hope that they won't know for sure it is you!

hahaha thats it, down here i think there has to be 3 complaints about the same prob before council HAS to do something. If the dogs are noisy then im sure your not the only one annoyed so speak to other neighbours in the street

i think different states have diff rules because the council has to prove its your dog or someone elses dog to suggest it be put down.
The council here (onkarparinga) wont do anything unless a diary has been kept .... they send out some paper work and you use their materials.

Then if it can be proven that the dog in question is causing disturbance then they suggest a certain collar, etc.

Last edited:
Found this when I was searching for collars once. Sounds good. This company is the cheapest I could find in Australia. I haven't tried these but it may be worth a try. There is a cheaper one on their site if you have a waterproof area to put it.

Our Products » Stop Dog Barking

+ click to enlarge

Petsafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control

Was:</B> $199.00

Special Price: $182.50 Stock: available
Qty:

Features:
  • Great for Neighbours' Barking Dogs
  • It picks up barking dogs within a 15 metre range
  • Can be used for neighbour’s barking dogs
  • 3 levels of sensitivity
  • 4 modes of operation
  • Designed for outdoor use, the unit is both waterproof and durable
  • Battery indicator has 2 colour display to show good and low status
The PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control device is great for stopping barking dogs, yours or neighbours. The sensitivity settings allow you to control the level of barking intensity to generate a ultrasonic correction. The low setting gives a range of 5 metres, the medium setting a range of 10 metres and the high setting reaches 15 metres. Thanks to its durable and waterproof design allows the PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control device to be placed out in the weather. It comes with a hanging bracket already in place for use on a fence or in a tree.
Position the PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control device so that its range covers the barking dogs. The internal microphone will pick up the sounds of the barking and is automatically activated. Once activated, the device will emit its ultrasonic sound. This sound is heard by dogs but not by us. The sound does not harm dogs, but simply startles them with the unpleasant sound. The dog quickly identifies this noise with his barking and this should stop the dog barking. The PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control offers 3 levels of sensitivity to set the barking intensity or range for correction. The device also comes with a Test Mode.
Directions for Use: Simply place the PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasomnic Bark Control device facing the general direction of the dogs and adjust the sensitivity settings accordingly. For the best results, ensure that there are no large solid objects between the PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control device and the barking dogs.

i hate barking dogs, i hate it when my own dog starts yapping! as much as i love him

if u dont want them to know write an annonymous letter to them just say that your someone from the street and have been having trouble sleeping with shift work or something when the dogs yap when your out or yap altogether is there any chance u could try to control there barking a bit if possible it would mean alot

try to be nice about it i know that my dog will yap no matter what if there is someone outside my backyard nothing i can do, unless its a familiar voice he knows

i just have to bring him in when he does

hope it works out for u coz i no how much yappers do my head in when im in bed etc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back