barking geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crickets, woodies, moths, flys, have fed mine occasional fresh molt mealies, they do seem to prefer fast moving stuff though.
Never tried vegatable matter of any kind, never occurred to me, never tried dog food either.
I imagine they would eat all kinds of insect life and spiders in the wild. Ive heard of large specimans fed pink mice, but not tried this either, food should be (for any lizard) no bigger than the gap between its eyes, even my rather large milii might find a mouse pinkie hard to get down.
you can hand feed them with rounded tweezers if tame enough, but in general there are a look/watch, dont handle lizard and tend to not approach you, one of mine being the exception.

Speaking of vegetation and dog food thats an intresting question for GeckoDan, Do theyever willingly eat any vegetation in the wild? Do folks feed them dog foodand the like?

Since as far as Im aware they are primarily insectivorious. :)

Lol, no Azztech,I wouldnt think so, monitors are powerful enough to render their food to managable size.
(in general) I suppose hatchlings would be a different matter. common sense stuff. :)
:)

Lol, I suspect Maccas dosent either but I enjoy it on occasion! :)

Golly! What is a barking gecko? Where are they from? Any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back