'bathing' pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dintony

Reaction score
I've heardmentioned a few times that people bath their snakes?

How do I do this?

Do I just fill the (clean) kitchen sink with luke warm water and let them swim around?

Should I be doing that with a baby spotted python?

Thanks in advance....

D

Yeah just fill a sink with luke warm water,not to hot though and put a towel or face washer in the water so it has something to climb on to.Mine hates water but of heard spotteds love to swim.

we have a couple of tubs that we use, one very large one that we put
in the middle of the kitchen floor and a smaller on that we sit on the sink
most of ours dont mind a swim but you should always keep an eye on them
while they are in the water.
the large one holds our big girl[ all 11feet of her]

Here's my spotted taking a bath!!! She loves her baths.... and I make them a bit warm but when it starts turning cold she stretches to get out..... very cute!!

Attachments

• Sassi 051.jpg
    Sassi 051.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Sassi 021.jpg
    Sassi 021.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 73
This has been done recently, I think the best idea that someone came up with was to use a top loading washing machine on the gentle or wool cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only bath my snakes if I find any mites/fleas in its enclosure. Then I clean and spray the enclosure and snake with TOD. Or if its humid and about to shed its skin, soak it in water. If you allways keep its enclosure clean there should be no need to give it a bath.

Well I don't bath my snakes just because I think it's fun!!! If they have have had a bad shed some times they have a soak or the main reason is if they have soiled their enclosure whilst we are at work and come home to the stuff EVERYWHERE!!!! That's never pretty!!
Other than that they don't get bathed!

or the main reason is if they have soiled their enclosure whilst we are at work and come home to the stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!

I remember when I first started keeping vens, I had a RBB who managed to absolutely cover itself on it's first day home. Was living with the folks atm, and boy did that snake make a mess of the laundry sink!!

Aaron.

My waters were covered in crap (literally) about 10 minutes after I cleaned their enclosure (as is always the way) Anyway, from time to time I'll toss them in the bath before a slough to help soften the old skin up a bit, but this time is was purely for cleansing reasons :lol: Messy kids!

(ps: like my bath toys? :p)

DSC_0423.jpg

I have a 120cm spotted and yeh, he likes to "dive" quite a lot. I've always wondered why they do this but it sounds like it's pretty common for the spotteds. I just have a shallow dish in his enclosure in which he swims every night for like a minute....seams all he needs lol!

(he doesnt have any mites though - he must just like swimming and diving haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back