Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, "kids" these days... looking up to a a fit, educated, multi-lingual, respectful guy on SBS who leads an interesting active life, running around the bush trying to teach people a bit of practical, outdoor information and getting people interested in the world around them... what a terrible role-model :rolleyes:

I agree that you should probably take Bear with a grain of salt, but would I rather my kids watching this guy and dreaming about herping in the Australian outback and travelling the world, or having Charlie from Two and A Half Men or some other junk as a role model?

Perhaps it would be better if there was a TV show about some totally cynical herpatologist who sits on the internet judging people on public forums all day. If it included some entertaining internal dialogue, or better yet, conversations with his reptiles (!), in which the protagonist passively opposes imperfect animal husbandry, dated incubation methods, and the legalisation of exotics, whilst sucking down a Macca's meal, we could have some sort of educational super-reality herp TV. SBS or ABC would probably pick it up because it would be almost a documentary, not unlike Bear, really. At which point, I think a Facebook page advocating that it replace the Sesame Street timeslot would be very appropriate.

This thread is just classic, what the majority of you Bear Grylls lovers still fail to see is that he is NOT REALLY in a life or death situation so he is not as special as you make him out to be! It's all done for entertainment and to make money, with a large crew around him that probably give him a glass of coke after he eats an animal and wipe his forehead down after he's scaled a small rock face that somebody has climbed before him to make sure its safe.

The way some of you guys talk about him it sounds like you'd bend over for Bear if he got desperate enough out in the 'wild'.....

But also like has been said 'each to their own'. I watch his show occassionally but there is no way he can be taken seriously.

It may be news to everyone but every bushman / survivalist show is set up. You name it its been set up. Its the most cost effective way of doing the show.

I like the show and although its only a really quick run down of the situations faced, If he was by himself I'm 100% sure he is skilled enough to survive and to teach it. Just reading the accomplishments, history, and awards received is enough for me to conclude that.

Bear Grylls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
THANK YOU BUSHFIRE...
mattsnake do you read the thread at all... or do you just keep repeating yourself...
as i have said many times... you can criticize the show...
but the individual is phenomenal ...
and you said it perfectly us "bear grylls lovers"
we love the man not the show... couldnt care less what you think about the show

It may be news to everyone but every bushman / survivalist show is set up. You name it its been set up. Its the most cost effective way of doing the show.

I like the show and although its only a really quick run down of the situations faced, If he was by himself I'm 100% sure he is skilled enough to survive and to teach it. Just reading the accomplishments, history, and awards received is enough for me to conclude that.

Bear Grylls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting to read his qualifications and achievements, i suspected he has some ninja skills :lol:

THANK YOU BUSHFIRE...
mattsnake do you read the thread at all... or do you just keep repeating yourself...

Haha repeating myself? That is the first time I have said anything along those lines... :p

And I couldn't care less what you think about the show, everybody has an opinion...what a boring place the world would be if they didn't!

It's just amusing to me at the lengths you will go to to defend Bear from an APS onslaught :rolleyes: ...you say you love the man not the show? Bear IS the show. To call him phenomenal is a bit of a stretch! We've established pages ago that you think the sun shines out of his **** and would run to the ends of the earth for him... you are the one that keeps coming back and repeating yourself everytime somebody has something bad to say about him. All hail Bear Grylls - the perfect man!

The way some of you guys talk about him it sounds like you'd bend over for Bear if he got desperate enough out in the 'wild'.....

I don't like his show at all.....but on the other hand....:oops:

Am I gonna get in trouble for that?? :lol:

Best episode I watched was one on youtube.Think it was called " Man Vs. Wild, Bear Grylls is a Phony" or something like that where he was trekking across a lava field.

:lol: when it aired in Australia on SBS it was an edited version. He actually swung it around and hit its head on a rock, cooked it and ate, there was thread on here whinging about it some time back.

Such temperaures are recorded in the shade, not where a human may be out in the sun next to hot objects, if you have worked on a roof on a hot day you would be in temperatures much higher than what the weather records show.
My point exactly so you are saying the temperatures he stated are possible ime a formworker by trade i work outside everyday and let me tell workin up in nwa was fu...n unbelievably hot. Mattsnake i ime not interested in hearing about your sexual fantasies keep it real man.

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it has been said before, but there are a few people saying he doesn't know that much he's just asking the guy behind the camera...So how come the guy behind the camera can know all this stuff, but Bear is an idiot?
I agree that he could just say, this is edible, but I love the show...
And no thread was created until he killed a couple of reptiles...Biased? What about the other animals?
I love all animals, but I like going bush and it if I got lost, I would have no problem killing a creature to survive.

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it has been said before, but there are a few people saying he doesn't know that much he's just asking the guy behind the camera...So how come the guy behind the camera can know all this stuff, but Bear is an idiot?
I agree that he could just say, this is edible, but I love the show...
And no thread was created until he killed a couple of reptiles...Biased? What about the other animals?
I love all animals, but I like going bush and it if I got lost, I would have no problem killing a creature to survive.
agreed

This isn't the first episode he's killed reptiles, he does it in almost every episode.

The problem is, he kills reptiles more than any other animal.

I would still complain if he did it to wolves or pigs or yaks.

I've only seen him kill animals other than fish, reptiles and bugs in like two, maybe three episodes.

This isn't the first episode he's killed reptiles, he does it in almost every episode.

I've only seen him kill animals other than fish, reptiles and bugs in like two, maybe three episodes.
i saw him kill a cat fish the other week. and i have seen him eat something eleses kill some sort of deer in africa

He kills whats available where he is...It's not like he gets dropped off and just hunts these animals

THANK YOU BUSHFIRE...
i wouldnt worry the same people most likely hated steve irwin when he first went on air years ago playing with snakes and reptiles in the wild all the experts would have had a nice whinge about him picking up wild snakes and handling them in front of the camera even though most turned out to be captives from his own zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back