Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
really... did you not read what i just said...
the last part was a joke, and there is no need to put down others when they have done nothing to you... so thanks for that...
if you read my post again you will see, that it suggests no one is right and we should stop discussing it...

If you want to learn go read or watch "the bush tucker man"
Bear Grylls= 'Russell Coight' ... just entertainment actually think Russell Coight had more brains ...:lol::lol::lol:
Seriously if you think you are learning any bush skills off this man you are in trouble..
but good luck with it each to their own. I have watched it and had a good laugh and that is the way i treat the show.

the last part was a joke, and there is no need to put down others when they have done nothing to you... so thanks for that...
if you read my post again you will see, that it suggests no one is right and we should stop discussing it...
i second that

My bad then

If you want to learn go read or watch "the bush tucker man"
Bear Grylls= 'Russell Coight' ... just entertainment actually think Russell Coight had more brains ...:lol::lol::lol:
Seriously if you think you are learning any bush skills off this man you are in trouble..
but good luck with it each to their own. I have watched it and had a good laugh and that is the way i treat the show.
bush tucker man, malcom douglas, even good old alby mangles if that how you spell all good to watch and entertaining but bear is better

hmm im not sure...
chuck norris can kill two stones with one bird

Thought this was worth re-posting :D :p Mmmmmm mmmmmm

25i6v4k.gif

He caught it live and then threw it over his shoulder and said it could be kept live to keep it fresh, then later released it saying that Australian law prohibited him from killing it.

:lol: when it aired in Australia on SBS it was an edited version. He actually swung it around and hit its head on a rock, cooked it and ate, there was thread on here whinging about it some time back.

highest recorded temp in australia is cloncurry 1889 at 53 degrees hottest place in australia is wyndham north west australia around the kimberlies i worked in the mines in the pilbara for two years and visited most of the places around and let me tell you it is hot up there and during cyclone season gets very humid even 300 kms inland

Such temperaures are recorded in the shade, not where a human may be out in the sun next to hot objects, if you have worked on a roof on a hot day you would be in temperatures much higher than what the weather records show.

ive seen one episode where he was in australia. he found a nice sized olive. fortunately thanks to our laws he was unable to kill it but he said that if you dont need to kill it right away just carry it live with you until you do.

HAHAHA i could really see a backpacker walking through the bush trying to drag along this cranky 10ft olive python :shock::lol:

HAHAHA i could really see a backpacker walking through the bush trying to drag along this cranky 10ft olive python :shock::lol:

I am sure this actually happened!!
Although they were not going to eat it.....I'm not sure what they were planning on doing with it.
Will have to look for the news story...

Couldn't find anything....must have imagined it....

Last edited:
Even in a life or death situation there is not excuse for not dispatching your prey humanly... and decapitation is not the most humane way of killing a snake. He then went on to demonstrate that even without its body the head could still function sufficiently well to inflict a bite... and for some time. (He buried the head in case some hapless stranger should wander by an step on it.)

I suspect that this could probably be put down to the fact that he ignorant of the most appropriate way to euthanase a snake - I hope so!

On the main tenant of this thread, given that he is not really in a life and death situation I think he could easily impart the same information without demonstrating it in such a gratuitous manner!

I've gotta say, I couldn't bring myself to sit through more than five minutes of this show. To me it came across like a pretentious load of crap. Just my opinion. Also the only person who can drink their own urine and get away with it is Rip Torn

Even in a life or death situation there is not excuse for not dispatching your prey humanly... and decapitation is not the most humane way of killing a snake. He then went on to demonstrate that even without its body the head could still function sufficiently well to inflict a bite... and for some time. (He buried the head in case some hapless stranger should wander by an step on it.)
A bit sad all that these kids look up to him though,, even here on a site devoted to the love of reptiles.
He is a phoney though and real bushman and survivalists know he is just a phony and in it for the money.

You guys just wont quit will you...
once again its understandable if you dont agree with some aspects of the show, i think bear grylls is incredible and yet i still agree that some things he does may be uncalled for...
BUT never the less...
you still dont have the right to criticize the man himself...
im sure you still will because it is clearly in your nature to do so

Biography | Bear Grylls

at least do some research before you jump to the conclusion that he is a phoney

and it is hardly sad that all these kids look up to him, he is a remarkable person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back