Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t like the way he has convinced my kids that they can pick up pretty much anything and eat it.
So far we have lost 3 coastal hatchies, the remote for the DVD player, which, fortunately is not used that often, and just tonight my car keys.
Now I can’t drive to the chemist to get the laxatives needed to get the car keys back. Thanks a lot Bear.:shock:

Yeah but the grocery bill has halved

Dont like him, dont like his show..
and I think if I saw him on the street i would make my
feelings very clear to him
You got every right to feel disgusted as he is
killing animals to sell his crappy docos, and it is working well for him.

it must be easy to sit back on your computers and bag this remarkable man ,you wouldnt be sayin these things if you were stuck out in the wild alongside him. Obviously the species he kills are not protected so whats the difference to us eating cows, fish, or paultry. Ime sure if you saw a cow getting butchered the eye fillet wouldnt taste as nice. Most of us eat meat a daily basis we are just fortunate enough to have it slaughtered and prepared for us. Get a life you critics bear would have more knowledge on flora, and fauna from different countries than any bookworm lecturer at a university.

I am just curious...is it only males who think the sun shines out of his behind......:shock:

And I realise not all males do...:)

Yeah, I'm kinda with mrkos. I reckon he's pretty good. He knows heaps of awesome survival skills, and is trying to pass them on in an entertaining way. Don't forget he didn't start making that series to be popular and rich, he just started it as a small doco of his skills that then got picked up by some channels. Anyone who wouldn't kill and eat an animal if they were lost in the bush, hasn't ever been REALLY hungry! :)

mrkos is right about the meat industry, too. Abattoirs and chicken farms are a lot more hellish than whacking a lacie on a tree, but most of us still eat meat everyday. It's double standards to say one's okay and the other's not. IMO :)

I am just curious...is it only males who think the sun shines out of his behind......:shock:

And I realise not all males do...:)

I think it's just a few who's childhood dream was to be like him, and don't want to accept the fact he's a big fake :lol: Kinda like when you 1st discover there's no Santa.

I love this show... Can't say I was really very happy when he clocked the monitor last night, but there are much worse things going on in the world today, than what he does on his show.

i like bear, so what if he donks a few things on the head. his show is called "man vs wild" not "man conserving the world". he is just showing the audience how to survive and thats the whole point of this show.

I agree, thank goodness we have these laws to stop people putting a shovel through them or deliberately driving their car over them, imagine how many would be killed if we didn't have these laws.

That's what makes me proud to be Australian, in every other country he's been in he's been allowed to kill animals. But Australia protects animals, it's great :)

I think it's just a few who's childhood dream was to be like him, and don't want to accept the fact he's a big fake :lol: Kinda like when you 1st discover there's no Santa.
We all know its a tv show and there is always gunna b a certain degree of fakeness to it camera crews etc. Actually surprises me to hear that from someone who seems to like going bush herping a lot ,maybe there is a certain degree of envy there somewhere. Fact is behind al the camera's tv and b......t bear would know more about the bush and survival than ayone on this forum if male or female viewers cant watch and respect that change the channel and watch something more suitable to your viewing.

i like the show, i find some things informative, but i recon he's full of **** "dont touch the vines, they might b snakes"

Will

I've done far worse things to cows (as in eating them).

The positives of this show are:
1) It's entertaining
2) There's some beautiful animals, both edible and dangerous
3) There's places on earth he goes to that have probably never seen a boot-print (probably)
4) By killing a predator he's saved a herbivore (or a smaller predator)
5) There's a good chance he'll die, maybe not by stingray, but something eventually will get him

The negatives of the show are:
1) He doesn't use any nice herbs to flavour the meat - he really could do such a better job with just some paprika at least!
2) He's ugly.... and he's a he... I'd watch it more if there was a bikini clad 18 year old cheer leader doing the same job... Every now and then when she's wrestling with a crocodile you might see a little nip... (pun intended)
3) How does his crew survive so easily with less fuss than him?

Sorry but you're very ignorant, don't believe everything you see. He is not knowledgeable at all, it's not hard to google something and then say it to a camera, or in his case, ask the bloke on the other side of the camera.
I highly doubt he would have died if he didn't kill that Olive Python in the Kimberly, where it was "58 Degrees Celsius with 100% humidity" haha, literally impossible, the highest recorded temp in Australia is only 50.3 degrees in Oodnadatta in SA, high humidity prevents temperatures from getting so high.. As I said, a temperature that high with 100% humidity is literally impossible, just goes to show how full of **** he is. Along with Austen Stevens and his "cyclone" in the middle of winter :rolleyes:
Oh and by the way, "Bear" doesn't drink his own piss in that same Kimberly episode. While I'm bursting your bubble, I might as well tell you that Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and unfortunately the Easter Bunny, are not real.
highest recorded temp in australia is cloncurry 1889 at 53 degrees hottest place in australia is wyndham north west australia around the kimberlies i worked in the mines in the pilbara for two years and visited most of the places around and let me tell you it is hot up there and during cyclone season gets very humid even 300 kms inland

actually if you learn more about the man before criticize him...
you would know he is quite remarkable...
he is one of the youngest men ever to climb mount everest...
he is very well educated and skillful, speaks several languages and does a variety of martial arts...
he served in the military for many years... and has had ridiculous life experiences...
so dont talk him down... when no body here could come near to accomplishing what he has..

i agree and he shows ppl how to survive by doing what is needed to survive if he just talked about doing the stuff he does nobody would take him serious and he gets permission from every state and country before he kills any animals. and he didnt eat the olive python when he was in australia.

Sssssnakeman ... are you serious...
if you were on the street and told bear grylls how you felt
he would eat you...
you can criticize the show all you wont, cause i can understand not liking certain aspects of it...
but dont criticize the man because he is really remarkable...
love it or leave it alone

he would eat you...
you can criticize the show all you wont, cause i can understand not liking certain aspects of it...
People can get pretty tough sittng behind there computer ssssnakeman bear grylls would have you trussed up like one of his prey items in an instant

he would eat you...

Very well said,
just because you dont like him dosent give you rights to criticise him,
i find the show interesting and some of you dont, then dont watch it
after reading the thread its going to make it harder trying to enjoy the show because of all the rubbish being said here,

he would eat you...

People can get pretty tough sittng behind there computer ssssnakeman bear grylls would have you trussed up like one of his prey items in an instant

Hhhmmm eats people to? :lol:
I love the faith you guys have in him, you think if some on gave him some criticism he would react in a negative way?
I think i he was half a man he would have a laugh and walk away. Thats what incredible people do...
I cant believe this thread is still on...

I think i he was half a man he would have a laugh and walk away. Thats what incredible people do...
I cant believe this thread is still on...

clearly that is why you are still arguing the point

last night we agreed there was no point in further discussion as nobody is going to change their opinion... ?

we were right you were wrong no harm done...

we = bear grylls lovers

for the rest of you, thats a joke dont argue it...

clearly that is why you are still arguing the point

last night we agreed there was no point in further discussion as nobody is going to change their opinion... ?

we were right you were wrong no harm done...

we = bear grylls lovers

for the rest of you, thats a joke dont argue it...

What are you ten years old?
No one is right!!
Its a show, some like some dont, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back