Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukz13

Reaction score
Ok so im just curious as to how he gets away with killing monitors, reticulated pythons, lil beardies, and alot of other snakes, reptiles, animals etc???

Cause he is a clueless dead****** making a sham tv program. You might notice that the Australian one has edited out him killing the olive in the Kimberly. Now you see him releasing it. Now where did I see people kicking up a fuss about that...

I have a big soft spot for Bear, I don't care what people say about him or some of the questionable things he has done, he still has some decent advice on his shows that COULD save a life. Plus people are forgetting he has done some amazing things, eg. was the youngest Brittish person to climb Everest at the time he did, he's not the complete poser that many people think.

And anyway, he has done things that a big majority of people could only dream of, or wouldn't or couldn't do anyhow, so that deserves some points in my books! :)

I like how everyone was up in arms about him killing the olive yet have no problem with anything else he has killed for food. No one would give a poop if say, someone who loved rabbits had a complain at him killing one, you'd probably all laugh at them. =) It's just a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
he only kills them if he needs to eat. i have seen a few were he has relesed the reptile because he had bugs and birds and rabits. im sure if you were out there and all u had to eat was a reptile imsure u would eat it. i even gotta giv hime extra points for not eating the snake wich bit him in one episoid :)

Vixen i totally agree, people just watch it just to see him eat bugs and then mock him, thats totally not the point, the point is he's trying to show you how you would survive if you did get lost and your right he definitely deserves some credit for that. As for killing the reptiles, well it is a bit sad but its the way of life its how it works and if its a life or death situation i think i'd do the same.

Some people say that he should only show you how to do it ,how can that be??

if he got food and what not from the camera crew he would be called a fraud ect ect so he cant really win and if thats the only food he could find at the time well hes not gonna pass it up ;)
i love his shows and yeah i dont like watching it when hes killing things i like but i still watch it nad its a very exciting show..

if he got food and what not from the camera crew he would be called a fraud ect ect so he cant really win and if thats the only food he could find at the time

and you really believe that he only eats what you see him eating in the program? How can you be so naive? He stays in first class hotels and eats in top restaurants on locations. He stayed in a hotel on Thursday Island while filming the Torres Strait episode and flew to the "jungle" in a helicopter every day.

What a laugh. Sorry ... :lol::rolleyes::lol:

and you really believe that he only eats what you see him eating in the program? How can you be so naive? He stays in first class hotels and eats in top restaurants on locations. He stayed in a hotel on Thursday Island while filming the Torres Strait episode and flew to the "jungle" in a helicopter every day.

I don't think anyone denies that of course he will have some other food source while filming, and I don't think anyone denies he has stayed in hotels either (I highly doubt they would go to the trouble of flying back EVERY night though.)

Filming an episode would take more than a week. You might be different but I certainly don't except him or his crew to stay out EVERY single night putting them at more of a risk than need be, just to please myself?! I would rather them alive and well, to construct the final episode for us to watch, enjoy and maybe learn something!

The point of the show is to inform the viewer with hints and tips on how to survive, I don't see how him staying at his camp every night helps this goal at all.. the camera is off for majority of the night anyway so it's really not teaching the viewer anything.. watching him sleep and maybe scratch his *** isn't teaching us all too much. ;)

I stand by what I said though, I would like to see most of you do what he does, even with a hotel some of the time!

Last edited:
I have a big soft spot for Bear, I don't care what people say about him or some of the questionable things he has done, he still has some decent advice on his shows that COULD save a life. Plus people are forgetting he has done some amazing things, eg. was the youngest Brittish person to climb Everest at the time he did, he's not the complete poser that many people think.

And anyway, he has done things that a big majority of people could only dream of, or wouldn't or couldn't do anyhow, so that deserves some points in my books! :)

I like how everyone was up in arms about him killing the olive yet have no problem with anything else he has killed for food. No one would give a poop if say, someone who loved rabbits had a complain at him killing one, you'd probably all laugh at them. =) It's just a matter of opinion.

I'm with you VixenBabe. I think he's great....

AGREED HE IS A KNOB!!! ............but then again some people on here love PARIS HILTON TOOOOO say no more!

He did an episode showing his whole camera crew and what they did. So it's not like they're hiding the fact that he's getting help and such. I'm actually equally impressed with the camera man, doing the same things as Bear whilst bringing a video recorder. lol I like to watch Bear Grylls for what it is, entertainment and I ignore everyone else around him.

its a mad show, i would eat every reptile if there tasty ummmmmm ;) as if you wouldnt if you were starving and had no food.

Good one dicky. :lol::lol::lol:
They didn't show the production tent, the chopper and the on-site advisors.

Good one dicky. :lol::lol::lol:
They didn't show the production tent, the chopper and the on-site advisors.

The 3 course meal and 10 boxes of powerbars? haha. It's obviously all a big hoax, but none the less I thoroughly enjoy watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back