bearded dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael555

Reaction score
hello all

a few weeks our family went on a trip to cape york for a month and we left our cousins in charge of the animals when we got back my snake was fine but my central bearded dragon "spike" is not well she just sits on the bottom of her cage all day at the spot where the heat mat is. She doesnt even get up on the basking log and when we get her out she doesnt move when usually she runs all around the living room. she eats fine but she just doesnt move.

we have a heat mat and a UV light and they are at the proper temps and she has fresh veggies and water every second day and we feed her mealworms every other day

i think she has gone into hibernation but i dont know if thats possible
is she sick or in hibernation

Sounds like she wants to go into hybernation. In the month you were away the temperatures dropped quite a lot. Just leave her be and try not to disturb her too much. Being disturbed during this time can stress them and they show no expression so we have to know when to back away and leave them be.

Just watch her vital signs to make sure she isn't sick. When she is up and about are her eyes their usual bright & alert. Her colours still look strong - might change colour this time but still shouldn't look dull. Her breath shouldn't be wheezy, her mouth not slobbery. But if you aren't sure, a trip to the vet would certainly help put your mind at ease. Make sure you choose a vet who is reptile minded. Others are mostly a waste of time.

ok thanks for that

yeah she looks fine and she doesnt look sick at all its just shes not moving around alot

so how long does hibernation go for?

or should i stop her from going into hibernation

or just leave her alone for the whole time?

Sounds like she is hibernating...they look sleepy and certainly don't want to eat much if at all.

yes seems to be brumating
just make sue you spray her every other day...just in case your dragon is dehydrated..& lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back