Bearded Dragon Regurgitation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRStoudemire

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Today I was watching my Western Bearded Dragons (Pogona Minor Minor) and the small male (i think) regurgitated his food???

They have been Doing plenty of Poos so i didnt think he had compaction but maybe he ate too many crickets at once that may have caused impaction, is this a possibility??

I have been spraying them during the day to cool off and if they wanted to drink at all, they do have a waterbowl aswell.

He is quite small and has been feeding on medium sized crickets for a while, and i know the rule of nothing bigger between the space of there eyes, and they arent, probly the same size, so maybe give him the smaller crickets.

But because he did regurgitate his food will that affect him at all, he wont get sick or anything because of the regurgitation if he does fine after that?

Thank You

I had one regurgitate before with no problems after. Might be a good idea to give him a warm bath, just in case. Sometimes if they are not warm enough they will regurgitate. Are your temps ok?

Yeah mine did that when I first got them. Just wasn't warm enough and they ate WAY too much for their bellies!

Yup, I've had a beardie gorge herself on crickets and them vomit a whole bunch back up. She was fine.

thanks guys, yeh he seems fine now, temperatures are fine. i gave them a good spray this arvo coz it was plenty hot and they loved it and he seems happy, its funny when i spray them coz they run round licking all the water off the ornaments, i splas the water in there bowl to let them no its there and they watch me doing.

thanks for help anyway guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back