Bearded Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patto

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, my bearded Dragon has a problem. He doesnt move much and always lies on his belly when he walks its kinda like a frog walking if you know what i mean. He is about 1 year and the other one i got with him is fine.
Please help me, i dont know how to fix him.

I have a UV fluro in there. Its around 30C. And ive been feeding them crickets, and a mixture of lean mince and fruit.

And hes always getting bossed around by the other one, it thats any help.

Patto said:
And hes always getting bossed around by the other one, it thats any help.
Ah, that may be your problem, do you notice her feeding? He may not let him get enough food, also do you use calcium powder?

Yeah i watch them feed everytime, they get the same amount, and no i dont use calcium powder.

Get some Calcium and vitamin powder for Herps today if possible, he could be lacking in those two supplements, also, a trip to the vet may be on the safe side, just incase,it's hard to diagnose over the net.

i agree with dicco. due to him being bullyd watch and make sure that he is getting a good feed, and aloud to bask up high aswell. definatly get suppliments

Ok thanks for your help Dicko and Jason and it could be a week before i can get some supplements because they dont have them here and would have to get them off the net.

just get them asap, maby a bit of time in the sun would do it some goo as well. i would lve to see some pitures if you could get some. is it an eastern or central

its an eastern, ill try and take some pictures now.

i love easterns that what i keep i have an 18 month old pair. i got the male as a hatchling and he is the best dragon, my female isstill only about 35cm and i got her anout 3months ago, she is awsome she is actualy yellow, i will try and some pictures of them this arvo.

the big ones about 21cm the other ones about 16 and got them about Jan or Feb this year

Remind me of my two :) , yes, I should have mentioned to get them out in the sun as much as possible, there is no substitute for real sun, and I suggest you order the suplements from Matt at www.animalattraction.com.au , great service, speedy delivery :)

Yeah i just had them out in the sun for about 30mins or more you can really tell the difference. And im already looking on animal attraction ill get them as soon as possible thanks for you help.

they're great, so did you get them as hatchys? are they your first beardies? my male is adult size at about 14 months, he was 18 inches and aprox 400g. so keep feeding them up and they should breed next yr if they grow fast enough, i will post some pics later of my 18 month pair.

Yeah i got them as hatchies and they're my first, Theyre great! Can't wait till their that big.
Yeah show me some pictures thanks :)

Barbata are my favourite beardies, if you like I could post some pics of my little guys? Very similar to your guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back