Bearded Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
post them dicco, barbata i reckon are a little under-rated in terms of beardies the majority like the centrals but i reckon eastern are heeps better, also the colour phases in eastersn are growing as well soughta. my female is yellow/orange colour when she lightens up, and my male is quite light with nice bold markings so i reckon they will produce some great looking babys next yr. also at the end of next yr im hoping to get a hypo eastern if i can afford one, they a completly white.

Here's one for now, this girl has a funny mouth colouration for a barbata, used to be the classic sulfur yellow, but has gotten some pink/orange in there now too, I'll get some more a bit later on.

Richard_015.sized.jpg

she looks great, very imilar to my female but with out the yellow. love the light colourig and the nice markings, how old is she? how large?

is she friendly? dont think she likes the camera to much. how much do you feed her? how big is her home?
my male will eat two holw boxes of large crickets if i let him and he would still want more, he just keeps eating, they're like bottemless pits.

patto, i have some calcium powder left over from my bearded dragons when i had them, tis about 1/2 full, pm me your address and i will send it up to you, i have no use for it anymore.

She's about 7 months old now, I just measured her, she's 10cm SVL, and 25cm TL, you can notice the deoderant can next to her :) . She's really docile, but will make a run for it after sitting on your hand for a while, it's just I woke her up to take that pic and she wasn't pleased :) She lives with 2 other barbata and a Water Dragon, so I just throw a whole heap of medium crickets in, but she'll usually get 5 or so of them, plus most mornings they get a tray of cut up strawberry pieces and they usually eat an amout half the size of their heads(except the bigger boy, he's just greedy ;) , ant they all live happily in a 6 foot tank, soon their getting a 6 ft x 2 x 2, and once they out grow that they'll get an aivery type lizard pit.

sounds good, i would love to see the pictures of the rest of the barbatas.

i have some calcium powder left over from my bearded dragons when i had them, tis about 1/2 full, pm me your address and i will send it up to you, i have no use for it anymore.

This is great tweety :) I love to see members helping each other out :)

Nice pic!

Here my 3 i got today of Inny, there sensational!

tiny.sized.jpg

whatulookinat.sized.jpg

hueydueyluey.jpg

they look great how cool are those babies, i ment to get some from inny but i got a young female instead.

Hey guys, I finally got some herpivite, calcuim and a better UV light and it seems to be working!
He came out this morning walking with his chest out :).

Dicco said:
Here's one for now, this girl has a funny mouth colouration for a barbata, used to be the classic sulfur yellow, but has gotten some pink/orange in there now too, I'll get some more a bit later on.

Richard_015.sized.jpg

Hello Dicco and others,

I must say that I agree with those who prefer barbata over vitts. I havent kept dragons for nearly 15 years or so, so I am hardly an expert. I was just curious about the photo of Diccos dragon (I think) regarding colour of mouth and beard shape. I know it was said that she started out with the typical yellow barbata mouth colouring but it looks more like the pinkish vitt colouring. Also, from memory the barbata I used to keep had a much more square shaped beard as opposed to a rounder vitt beard. Does this (round beard & pink mouth) occur often in barbata?

well, with my two barbata, the male has a massive head with a huge beard when he flairs it up, but my female looks abit like that picture, it hasnt got as big a head and has much the same kind of beard. so that possibly may be a female. but as for the mouth colour IMO they can all be different. i will still try to get some pictures i just have to find the camera.

one thing that the shops dont tell you is that the uv lights you get in flouro only have a life of 6mths after that they are just a flouro light with no uv or vitamin out put try replacing the flouro or going to a uv light bulb

also the herp has to be about 8inches for the light to have any affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back