Beardie Poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angelrose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, this topic kinda smells a bit but nevermind, block your nose.

My beardies poo is the most vile smelling stuff in the whole world, so much so that i nearly throw up everytime i clean it up, is this common, or am i feeding them too much.... it have only been since i started them on beardie pellets as well as fresh fruit and veg, they still get all their bugs and bok choy dont worry. Any ideas anyone.... do you think they would be ok not having the beardie food, is fruit veg and bugs enough of a balance diet with calcim and mag mixed in? Who feeds there beardies mutton bird oil, who doesnt, and why. A bit of background info, they were both 3yo lizzies when i got them and had not had beardie food b4.

Thanks guys

Angel

I feed mine bugs n veg and the poo still stinks, thats what poo does ya know! :lol:
I started feeding the pellets on occasion a while ago and I didnt notice any difference really.
too much fruit makes for messy poo though. I dont use mutton bird oil for anything except rusty hinges, they "fly" after that! :lol:
seriously if they have runny poo constantly, somethings wrong.
Tell ya what though, shingleback poop is distinctivly stinky, really revolting. no idea why.

I use beardie food, fruit and veg. I am no expert but i wouldn't think u would have to feed them beardie pellets because all there are is fruit and vege. my beardies only get pellets on feed days when i am running late for school. My lizard poo stinks tooo and so do the ones at work so i guess they alll do smell bad. I don't feed my beardies mutton bird oil basically because i have never thought about it. Have u ever tried feeding pinkie mice or rats to ur beardies? mIne were 1yr old and never had beardie food before i got them and they like it fine.

hey instar

my shingle - back poo isn't as stinky as my beardies though there pretty bad.

Hi, yeah its not runny, just disgusting. I was told that mutton bird oil is a must have for beardies..... but i dont know why, or what it does, can anyone shed any light. Thanks for your info guys

Angel

just go to the web page instar said it's got all u need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back