Beardy dramas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to get a mercury vapour that provided heat as well as the UV. The only one I keep seeing from Aus suppliers is Ozbright and I have read mixed reviews.

Might be a silly question but if I order a powersun or T-rex from the US will there be a problem with the flocal itting or the 240v instead of 120v provided over there? It seems like a good option with the current exchange rate.

you can order mega-rays from reptileuv.com tll Bob that your from Australia and he will sell you the orrect bulb, or buy one from www.animalttraction.com.au since they are ordering them in this christmas. the T-rex should fit if you get the right wattage and volts etc.

good luck, the MVB's are really the best, reptisun/glo are great, although the mvb's out do even them. megrays are excelent.

Thanks, I saw the mega rays for $150.00 at one retailer and was not prepared to pay that, I can get them for half that now. I have been monitoring the temp in the tank as it is in a warm room and it sits between 25 - 35 C during the day (on the gold coast). Will a heat lamp be required during the warmer months or would it be better to have a UV globe and keep the heat globes for winter?

order it straight from reptileuv.com $150 is rediculous. you can get two for that price.

do your homework

always do your homework when it comes to having animals and most of its just common sense as all should know sunlight is natural to them so it only makes sense to put them in it

seano said:
Will a heat lamp be required during the warmer months or would it be better to have a UV globe and keep the heat globes for winter?

Your beardie will need a basking spot year-round, so you'll need a heat globe even through the summer.

Bit of an odd question i'm still getting a uv globe setup dont know which one though seeming mines under 6 weeks old. But wouldnt 1hour of NAtural sunlight equate to more then 3 hours of a uv bulb? Due to the purity and the output of uv rays? Just wondering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back