beardy sleeping on here back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bylo

Reaction score
why does my beardy sleep in the hotspot in here tank on here back.
she's not sick..........is she.:shock:

she has been doing this for 2 weeks

the hot end could have a 40-45 deg temp
and the cold end min is 28-30 deg temp
she eats well

i am not sure, i have never seen any of my beardies do that. hmm....interesting.

What is she like otherwise? Alert? Moving? Eating? Pooing?

Get a photo of her doing it?

why does my beardy sleep in the hotspot in here tank on here back.
she's not sick..........is she.:shock:

she has been doing this for 2 weeks

the hot end could have a 40-45 deg temp
and the cold end min is 28-30 deg temp
she eats well

im no expert but i think the minimum temp is a little too warm, i would of thought something like 24-26.
and under the basking spot maybe around 38 max.
thats just my opinion.
i thought that beardys hated being on their backs , well yours proves me wrong.lol:D

Although beardies seem to be able to handle a varying amount of heat, I felt mine were feeling the heat a bit much at 40-42, in particular one of them, so have dropped it to no more than about 38 in the hot spot to see how they go. They are a lot more active, sleep less, eat better, and it may sound strange (yeah, go on, tease me), but seem 'happier'. :) I think it was the best thing I could have done for them. I would drop the temps in the hot spot and see how it goes. Even if it doesnt end up helping, I can't see a few degress hurting.

My juvie Vitti sometimes sleeps in his hot spot I don't think anything is wrong with him.

Nah, I heard beardies basking spots can be anywhere up to 45 degrees.

she is a bit doughy and eating.
I have isolated here so i can see if she is pooing

the temp doesn't worry me as I have had beardies for years ,but lying on here back does.
if I get another one and lay it on its back they turn around strait away as for this female she just sleeps on here back

could it be that she is having some kind of fit which is putting her onto her back?

no she just rolls over as you or I would on the lounge.
its the weirdest thing I have ever seen with reptiles

maybe..just maybe..... she just likes a bit of heat on her belly.
Mind you, Beardies arent meant to have a good temperature feeling on their bellies..soo........
I would be taking a poo sample to the vet to see if bugs are causing some problems.

It seems very odd beardies dont like the feet of the ground at all i'd see a vet mate

i've heard over heating can cause neurological damage, does she seem 'all there'?
the times i've heard of beardies being found on their backs have been MBD related where the beardy couldnt flip itself back over and impactions,...

apparently they have trouble breathing on their backs cos their lungs get squashed,...but that obviously isnt happening,..

its weird, i'd take her to a vet,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back