Been a While

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Its been ages since I've posted on here, and a lot has changed!
My mum got engaged and we moved halfway across the state, and my Beardies were stolen, so now i just keep a Bluey and a Cunningham's Skink, although i plan to get a few new additions at the VHS expo,
I'm finally getting a pair of pythons, after keeping lizards for 4 years.
Im Getting a pair of Beardies, because mum loved the last ones and wants more
Im also getting a Mate for my Bluey and Cunningham,
And, I'm getting my first monitor!
I've been thinking about getting a Goulds, as i have aboriginal background and they are my totem.
Are Gouldii okay for a first monitor? i know the ideal would be an ackie but i wanna get something a bit bigger, that i could handle every now and then? (Copping a few bites and scratches doesn't worry me)

Um, just wondering... How dose ones lizards get stolen?! I live on a farm so I don't know much about what goes on in towns, but I don't get how that can happen! Sorry for your losses by the way.

Um, just wondering... How dose ones lizards get stolen?! I live on a farm so I don't know much about what goes on in towns, but I don't get how that can happen! Sorry for your losses by the way.

Thieves walk in lizardless, leave lizard-handed. It's not that hard to comprehend, especially since licences are expensive and buying animals off-licence is tricky.

Thieves walk in lizardless, leave lizard-handed. It's not that hard to comprehend, especially since licences are expensive and buying animals off-licence is tricky.
yes but why would someone break in to a house to steal lizards when they could steal money or phones or something like that?

yes but why would someone break in to a house to steal lizards when they could steal money or phones or something like that?

I think it's more common than people think. I know of cases where pedigree dogs and cats have been stolen, and some reptiles can be fairly expensive, so it's possible that people resort to stealing.

Maybe it was just the opportunity to take them while they were there; did they take anything else? Just last week here in Adelaide thieves broke into a suburban home and stole laptops and a MD.

They were in an outdoor pit, as it was the middle of summer, the pit could be seen from outside the property and one day the wire was pulled up and they were gone :/ A police report was filed and they heard of 2 bearded dragons being offered for sale illegally in the area but they were never found..

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it was just the opportunity to take them while they were there; did they take anything else? Just last week here in Adelaide thieves broke into a suburban home and stole laptops and a MD.

Yes other things were taken but not on the same day, whoever did it came back a few times (we couldn't lock one of our doors), and we lived in a town of 500 people so it was a quite a shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back