Best basking temp for baby beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think alot of it depends on how large the enclosures are, wattage and how far away from the heat lamp they are.

Mine are all very content with 30degrees, grinning regularly to release heat : D

Whatever works for you aye. Everyone has different opinions. no one is really wrong aslong as the dragon is happy and healthy thats all that counts ;)

ok so it's not gonna let me add the pic. it's on here under another post but yeah ...

aw that's a cute pic. mine grins like that every so often too.

here's my enclosure. you can't really see him he's on the log on the back wall about half way between the hot end and the cool end.

spends most of his time there.

I cant see the enclosure?

is it ok to use spanish moss in the enclosure?
It would raise to much humidity.. They don't need much.. newspaper paper towels tile carpet etc is better, I prefer tile but use newspaper in hatchies as its easier to clean etc.

i will try to get a pic of the enclosre or one similar..
can i use the moss?

I just said no.. it will raise the humidity... newspaper,paper towels or tiles are a better option.

Whatever works for you aye. Everyone has different opinions. no one is really wrong aslong as the dragon is happy and healthy thats all that counts ;)

Could'nt agree more.

They are all healthy and happy, eating regularly, though my youngest seems to have a strange way of going about it, she doesn't strike at the food like they normally do, pushes her nose up against it and licks.

she manages to get mouthfulls though hahaha

Last edited:
Here is a picture of how I got a few tubs... I have a 24inch uvb tube across each one.. I use Arcadia D3.. Its about 40dollars per 24inch tube... I have just converted adult tanks from MVB's to tubes.. Arcadia D3 48inch tubes are about 70dollars.. yes they cost alot but have been tested in USA/UK and have the most uv.. close second is reptisun 10s.. I know some people use that NEC-10 light from herpshop which is like 20dollars but I don't know if they are any good..

EDIT: Yes the uvb are off for photo :lol:

002-6.jpg

i already have some of those made up for my rat breeding... i will put them in there tomorrow and do as u have done.. THANKS

cheers ... i'm hoping so. he's from a yellowish pair of adults so fingers crossed he goes that way.

i have 2 they are about 3 wks old ,...teeny weeny. Only got them yesterday!

they are housed together for now

cheers ... i'm hoping so. he's from a yellowish pair of adults so fingers crossed he goes that way.

Yeah, Most hatchies are pretty plain but if you find a hatchie with some decent colouring they normally end up pretty good.. I just got two that are from a rick walker mother (there for sale- helikaon is selling them)

Here is a picture of a female - they are about 2 weeks now. Since I've only got two they are seperate. I will be housing multi at a time next season as I've gotten a nice male for a stunning yellow of mine (Yes I am a preacher of housing them seperate - I'm a hypercrite :lol:;))

003-10.jpg

(As you can see it is on a box that had a mic in it - I have a 50watt bulb in that tub so it needs the extra height to reach 38-40c.. Where its laying gets to 40-43c and to the far left it gets as cold as 37-38c so it can pick what temp in the hot end... I keep there cool ends around 20-23c)

Yep i am also for the seperate housing.
Be sure to seperate them as soon as possible benashki, being the same age and size they are fine for a few weeks but i would hurry it up to avoid disaster.

Having 50w lamps you would have to have the temps higher like we were discussing before, that makes sense.
Mine are lethal, i've gotten some pretty hefty burns when cleaning out the enclosures.

can't see the pic for some reason. i only have one but would love another. from what i've heard though i wouldn't get another one unless i could organise another enclosure. so not worth it. i like all their toes :p

whatever my hot end is the cool end is only around 10 degrees less so if the hot end is 45 the cool end is still around 33 which is know is a bit high but i don't know how to get it down without drilling a heap of holes in the tank and putting in more vents.

in saying that i doubt that would fix it being that my garage stays warm on a hot day also. he seems happy though so i'll work with what i have.

Yep i am also for the seperate housing.
Be sure to seperate them as soon as possible benashki, being the same age and size they are fine for a few weeks but i would hurry it up to avoid disaster.

Having 50w lamps you would have to have the temps higher like we were discussing before, that makes sense.
Mine are lethal, i've gotten some pretty hefty burns when cleaning out the enclosures.

yeah. I have to have low climbing branches/rocks etc so they can't jump to get to the bulb.. It's a good 6-7inches away from the highest point so really isn't a worry about them getting there.. I'd have it and the uvb tube higher but tubes are best to be 6-8inches from them for more exposure.. (Thats what some people say... I don't know if its true but I'm not going to experiment with it :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back