Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our girl's around 2.5m long, around 5.5kg in weight (ish), she's 5 years old at the mo. We loiks our wimmins big :D

yes im where of that..what they can do..that risk i take.but in wild they got search for there food .. if cant find food they get what next best thing to live..pet reptiles get feed they dont need to find food..us silly bust fed them..lol??

Research your animals. BHPs are one species in particular that very few people are silly enough to house together!

My male is 8 feet long and 4.7 kg and he is a dream easy to handle and loves his food. Female a bit smaller but just as good

I saw a pic of a BHP eating what looked like a big monitor.....is that a normal prey item for a BHP?

I was under the impression that BHP were 'natural' reptile feeders in the wild, so if that is true I wouldn't take the risk of housing them together unless it was mating season....

Wow, some of these are stunners, I hadn't really looked 'into' BHPs a lot, and some Dens are not for the faint hearted (size wise) i already have a coastal that is looking as if she needs a room to herself, and i don't think i could convince the 'other half' that another 2.5m python is a good idea !

It's not even a matter if when nothing else is around...it's more like when there are no other snakes aroud they turn to rodents.

Perhaps a stupid question but here goes......Are BHPS not effected by venomous snake bites or do they just not get bitten??

Perhaps a stupid question but here goes......Are BHPS not effected by venomous snake bites or do they just not get bitten??

I've been told that they actually have some resistance to most venoms, and to answer your previous question yeah, monitors are normal prey. If ours are anything to go by they're gutses, totally and completely. We don't house ours together except during mating either, my profile pic was taken during said season. They've never shown any aggression toward one another but no way would we take the risk!

Im sorry to say im not seperate my bhps know one here know what go in ppl homes
there fine.. We dont fed them in same enclosure..they have not hurt each..

mine where fine too at that size till one day after feeding them I had one of them actually start chewing on the others side and try eat it...many years ago and advise against housing them together, any bhp owner should be well aware of the canibalism of these animals. you don't want to come out one day and find only one in there exspecially if you payed a pretty penny to have them in the first place.

Last edited:
In the previous post before that one I exsplained that the other bhp I had, I housed together many years ago and after a feeding it tried to eat this one.

xyy.jpg

xyyy.jpg

yay.jpg

my two (male bottom two pics), about 7 feet, and 4 - 4.5 kgs, though the girl is a bit heavier than usual atm.

are you SURE!!!!
yes im where of that..what they can do..that risk i take.but in wild they got search for there food .. if cant find food they get what next best thing to live..pet reptiles get feed they dont need to find food..us silly bust fed them..lol??

pilbara bhps are renowned for being the smallest locality not nearly as big as there cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back