Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig.a.c

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I had my young BHP out in the sun today as it was a beautiful day. I went to pick him up after he had been roaming around the front yard for about 40 mins, as I went to pick him up he hissed at me. Then he lifted his head, coiled his body into a strikeing position and began to bob his head up and down in real jerking motions. When I did pick him up he didn't strike at all, just flatened his throat out the way a green tree snake does. Just wondering as this is my first BHP, does everyone elses display a threat the way mine has?

Thats pretty normal for BHPs, they do weird stuff for a threat display :lol:

One of my BHP's does similar when's it's been outside.........doesn't bite though, all bluff. Not unusual to get headbutted by a BHP.

Whereas I have an olive that'll coil the same way and hurl itself metres at you to sink it's teeth in!

I'm just starting to appreciate the BHP behaviour. I plucked up the courage to ignore my females "antichrist" behaviour - got a couple of hits (closed mouth and no blood). It's taken a couple of weeks but she is now calm when I get her on my lap, but she's still hissing like a harpie when I pick her up though.

You got a dud Glacey :wink: . My Olives are the most placid animals I have ever owned. Mind you I wouldn't want them to mistake me for food cause I reckon they just about break every bone in their meals when they hit them. One of my Bhp's throws up coils like an irate Bandy Bandy everytime anyone goes near her enclosure, the've certainly got alot of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back