BIG BIG news for APS and http://www.southernxreptiles.com/

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Owner of Southern Cross Reptiles did approach APS and offered Patronage with large sum of sponsor money to support us and help us to build our APS site to better for All Members.
If that will happen, we will end our financial shortage I had for past 3 years since I started this site. Finally site will pay for it self, and maybe we will have bit extra for some prices to run competitions.

Our APS site and

http://www.southernxreptiles.com/ will work together and our members will be able to gain lot of knowledge from Southern Cross Reptiles site. This site is run by breeder with lot of knowledge, and he breeds some excellent exceptional animals for herp enthusiasts all around Australia.
Most of you guys do know who I am talking about. Please give Simon's site a visit so you know what I am talking about.

Sounds like a good plan slatey.

Some of the topaz womas would make a good prize for a competition :wink:

thats fantastic news, aps couldnt have a better sponsor.

the introduction to keeping pages on the southernx site is a great resource for newbie keepers too.

Jono's Peru pics are awesome, a trip like that would be amazing.

I wanna get myself one of them Amazon tree boa's .... can anyone hook me up? ;)

Keef said:
Jono's Peru pics are awesome, a trip like that would be amazing.

I wanna get myself one of them Amazon tree boa's .... can anyone hook me up? ;)

Nah all out, just got this scruffy rainbow left :wink:

i'm glad to like my peru pics keef. i'll post a few more up here if anyone wants to see them.

So is Doc Rock a Member of APS? If what does he go by?

We don't have a DocRock as a member which is the alias he commonly uses.

No he isn't a member, he has no time left, he already needs 27 hours in every day :)

That's a pretty ordinary looking Rainbow Boa, I certainly wouldn't want something like that in my collection 8)

[quote="olivehydra]

Nah all out, just got this scruffy rainbow left :wink:[/quote]

And what a lovely gesture from Southernx to give a free albino Darwin to every member of APS. Three chears to SX Hip hip ........
:twisted:
In all seriousness, it's good to see them help create a reptile community.

Well I know some people don't like albinos so I will do the right thing and take them off their hands.
I quite agree, it is a great thing that Simon and Dianne are doing.

There will be a few unhappy members, I am sure!!!! Good on them. At last someone that can contribute to some of these silly discussions that never get resolved. Cant wait!!!!

curious, but what dose he get out of this sponsorship? advertising etc etc?

sounds good for APS, lets here it for competitions!

PilbaraPythons said:
Besides your time imput, what does it cost to run and maintain a site like per year?
Cheers Dave

Well time is the bigest problem, specially when something is going wrong.
When Junior was kid, he gladly did all work here for free. He is as you all know not interested in herps and do all administrative work for free. He is 19 year old and have lot of other commitments and jobs. the other jobs are paid not like APS. If we have little money we can give some small awards to people like Slateman Junior,Greebo, Lutzd, and other whoo spent time to make this site better place for all of us.
We can have more expensive resaller to go faster and be able to donate some prices to run competitions.

At this stage, I had to come each year with $700 after money received from banners adwertisment to keep APS going. I did not mind to pay the bill my self, but I am really greatfull to Southern Cross Reptiles for helping out with all the cash we need.
http://www.southernxreptiles.com/

SLACkra said:
curious, but what dose he get out of this sponsorship? advertising etc etc?

sounds good for APS, lets here it for competitions!

Not much. He just have the cash and like to support herp community.
Most people in our hobby do know him and his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back