Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are probably a long way off how the US now operates (thankfully), but this does raise the question, with the new laws allowing snakes to be sold in NSW pet shops, does anyone think this will have an effect on the breeding numbers etc and perhaps increase the chances of the above situation. I personally know that i would never purchase a snake from a pet shop, thats just personal choice, but does the availability increase the opportunity of "impulse" buys? Considering the ease of licensing in many states.

Every pet shop I have been to have sourced their reptiles from someone like you or me, I do think impulse buying will always be there but a pet shop has to make a profit. Do on that they will at least double what they paid for it.

I would not buy from a pet shop unless they had pictures of mother and father and line records which I think they should have to do.

The last thing is it will bring a lot more people to the hobby, having someone walk in to buy fish and see a snake, turtle, spider, lizard or scorpion

Just hope they get the right information (for care), as with most things if you have a bad experience ie a death because of a lack of information you are more inclined not to pursue the hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back