big big problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slither

Reaction score
hey room i keep alot of snakes and have done for many years and unfortunately for me i chose to buy a house in a complex which hapens to be full of old people i just had an old wish i could swear lady complain to the body corp comitte saying im keeping snakes thats shes scared to death and fears for her life what a load of bs now i have been told i have to meet with them on monday and have to have a damn good case backing up my story on why i keep snakes otherwise i have to get rid of the lot in a matter of weeks otherwise they will come and remove them personally and god knows what they will do with them i dont wana sell them as i love them all so much i am totally heartbroken what do i do so just in case worse come to worse i want them all to go to great homes i live on the gold coast so im just saying now i have a list of the fallowing
yearling pair of bredli
yearling pair of diamonds
yearling pair of coastals
breeding pair of diamonds
breeding pair of olives
breeding pair of spotteds
one 2 year old m tully jungle
one 3 yr old feamale diamond

please contact me on 0420969967 as i have all the details if u are interested i dont have pics on here unfortunately i will find out monday morning if i can keep my babies or not

Complain to the body corp that the stupid old hag is ugly and your scared of her ;)
Personally i would seek legal advice if i was in your position. Apart from that just explain how they are much safer than dogs and that they cant escape etc. and that they cant legally remove them as they are protected animals and they arnt authorized to move them.

You said you chose to 'buy' the place? If so, and you own your property, and if there are no rules against pets in the complex, and you are fully licenced for the animals you keep, then I'd be telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine and to go their hardest!!! They can't do a damn thing.

It would be different if you rented and had them without landlord approval, or pets weren't allowed in the complex though.

Is it in your contract / lease that you cannot have pets? if so, then i don't think there is much you can do about it. Perhaps you could put locks on all of the enclosures to show that it is unlikely they will getting out and attacking the old lady (as if they would anyway :rolleyes:) or offering to install some extra locks on the door to your hep room (they might find it hard to resist when your offering to install something for free on their property)

If there is nothing stated about pets in your contract then you should be ok. Goodluck!

yeah mate i own the house out right thats what i think too but aparantly they can do whatever they want as they have full control over the grounds i have been year almost 2 years and just cause some stupid old bitch complains this has happend im not going down with out a damn good fight

Last edited by a moderator:
The certainly cannot legally enter your property and remove your animals without your permission, without a herp licence, and without a permit!

On top of that the animals you keep are completely harmless, and do not pose a threat to you or your neighbours.

The only issue you have is if the body corporate have stimulated no pets are to be kept in the complex.

Quite simply, tell them that unless they have a valid reason to have the animals removed (and the next door neighbour having a fear of snakes is not good enough) you will not give them permission to remove the animals from your residence and if they enter your residence and steal your animals, you will prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

Take a herp friend with you, don't go on your own, always helps to have backup.

:0)

its the same as some new housing estates unless it says in your "contract" wen you brought the house/property then as long as you are not breaking any laws or health regulations then they cant really do any thing. it would be like me turning up and saying oh g i dont like your bird ill complain and you can get rid of it
if you are not in the wrong in any way i would put my foot down
on the other hand if it states in your contract etc wat you can and cant do in regard to pets or animals then you may b stuck

good luck

thanks saz yeah it states on the contract u are only allowed one domestic pet as in cat or dog nothing about anything else i own they house totally and have been her almost 2 years never any problems until now

oh yeah mayb i might complain to the council and stop there workers from using ladders cause im supperstitious and i might walk under one

Since herps are not considered as domesticated the number of animals is irrelivant. Does it have anything listed in your covenant stating none domesticated animals can't be kept? If not then they can not do a thing. Also check the expiry date on the covenant as all building and Occupiers covenants have end dates on them. Typically they are drafted to cover a ten year period and are valid including transfer of titles.

that is soo sad :( does she own any pets? if so, complain back c how she likes it.. if not, lets hope for the best :) keep us posted.

It probably won't be a pleasant meeting, but they really can't do anything legally, unless there's a clause in there somewhere specifically aimed at reptiles LMAO! Take a friend, they can help you keep calm, always helps LOL!

If they won't let up, advise them that you have absolutely no intention of selling your pets, and that you will advise the police and your state herp authority if they remove them without your permission. That adds up to breaking and entering, stealing, being in possession of and moving protected wildlife without a licence and a permit.

They will no doubt try and bluff you by taking the hard approach, once you let them know they they are going to have to get a court order to have the animals removed, they will back off.

If they quote any babble from the contract at you, advise them that you do not agree with their interpretation of the clause and you will seek a professional and independent opinion.

Good luck, nothing like a righteous fight to get the adrenaline up LOL!

thanks alot saz u sound like u have been through this your self feel free to call me if u like open to any advice 0420969967

not 2 b a big poo, but isnt it dangerous 2 put your mob number on the net?? just wondering.. coz aussie pythn snkes comes up when you search stuff on google and any one can access it.. JMO dont want anyone hurt is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back