Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeplin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
was moving some metal around ,doing a bit of tidying up around the house and came across this bluetonuge it would be about the bigest i have seen, so took few photos and thought i would post them for everyone to have a look , hope you all like.

Attachments

• animals 058.jpg
    animals 058.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 137
  • animals 063.jpg
    animals 063.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 183
  • animals 064.jpg
    animals 064.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 105
  • animals 067.jpg
    animals 067.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 140
He's a big boy alright. Looks like he's on the upper end of the scale judging by the text I've copied. (i'm no bluey expert)

The Eastern Blue-tongue can grow to almost 600 mm in total length, of which about 360 mm is head and body.

Are you going to let him continue living in your yard??

spilota_variegata, Are you going to let him continue living in your yard??

yes , it is good to be able to see them around. there are a few other lizards around the yard as well, so far i have come across , shingleback , jacky , robust ctenotus skink ,cunningham's skink , pale-flecked garden sunskink , bluetongue and two that i havent been able to take pics of. i think one was a eastern bearded dragon.

cause they arnt usualy that big this time of yr, cause it would hav come out of hibernation not too long ago. the only time mine look like that in december is when there gravid

it was very fat. i will keep an eye on it ,if it stays around, i will take more pics if there is any change.

deffinetely keep an eye on it. usually they start giving birth around end of december. would be great if she has babies. more additions to ur yard:D

Not here

spilota_variegata, Are you going to let him continue living in your yard??

yes , it is good to be able to see them around. there are a few other lizards around the yard as well, so far i have come across , shingleback , jacky , robust ctenotus skink ,cunningham's skink , pale-flecked garden sunskink , bluetongue and two that i havent been able to take pics of. i think one was a eastern bearded dragon.

He's not in my yard... I have wild lizards in my yard but no common blue-tongues. Bit warm for 'em here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back