Big Girl Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tildy

Well, I have upgraded my baby from her baby house to her 'big girl enclosure' and I'm nervous as heck! She is 1 year old now and is getting soo big. I know that she may lose it completely being thrust into a much bigger world so I will keep an eye on her and I still have her old enclosure on hand if I need to downgrade her again. She is now in a 3ft tank with astro turf on the floor, 3 hides (warm, middle & cool) and natural wood pieces that she can also hide underneath. I have added fake plants as well to make her feel better. I have a hide directly over her heat mat so that she can digest and feel safe and I have a ceramic heat bulb that comes from the top.

A couple of questions. Will I need to keep both the heat mat and the ceramic heating? It is a glass aquarium which I know loses heat which is why I have both. The warm hide has a thermometer probe inside it and the temp is on around 32C but I need more themometers to get a good idea of the rest of the tank. Also, she is a pygmy python which I know is an arid species so I have left her with her smaller water bowl not wanting to raise the humidity too much. Do these pythons like to bathe themselves at all? Cause I have a larger bowl that she will fit into. I havent spotted her in her water bowl but maybe it's because it's too small.

Is there anything else I should be doing to help her settle?
I'll post photos when my boyfriend brings my camera back. Till then I'm gonna leave her be and just watch what she does.

shel be right out her click clack in the enclosure with her that way she will feel safe either way until shes ready to venture

Do you leave the click clack set up? cause I have to at least use the water dish in the big tank.

Well I don't think I have to worry about it at all now cause she has made herself right at home. I went up into the dark room with a little torch so I could disturb her as little as possible and she was just chillin on her water dish. I shone the light on her and she just stared at me as if to say "do you mind? I was perfectly happy till u walked in." Lol, she then cruised around checking out the decor. I put her stuff in there from her baby cage and added some new stuff so she is investigating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back