Big male huntsman

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshines

Reaction score
Big female huntsman spider

DSCF0585.jpgDSCF0582.jpgDSCF0581.jpg
Hi just a pics of my female:Giant grey huntsman (Holconia Immanis):):):)

Last edited:
just wondering how do you sex them? whats that one male (as per title) or female (as said ^^^^)

love all types of snakes/pythons and dragons/lizards cant do spiders( gives me goosebumps!!) good looking huntsman though!!

Very pretty :) the pedipalps are the easiest way to sex them, males have club-like ones, females have skinnier ones.

Im not scared of spiders, but getting bitten does worry me a bit more than any other animal.

Do you not worry about getting a bite when handling the Huntsman? (yes, i know they are non-venemous, but it still freaks me out a bit)

I have a mate that was bitten by about 5 huntsman in one go (he pulled off some bark on a tree and there were about 25 under the bark) and where he got bitten it now looks like Michael Jackson, he lost all pigment in patches in the area he was bitten, quite strange.

Im not scared of spiders, but getting bitten does worry me a bit more than any other animal.

Do you not worry about getting a bite when handling the Huntsman? (yes, i know they are non-venemous, but it still freaks me out a bit)

I have a mate that was bitten by about 5 huntsman in one go (he pulled off some bark on a tree and there were about 25 under the bark) and where he got bitten it now looks like Michael Jackson, he lost all pigment in patches in the area he was bitten, quite strange.

PMSL,they are huge,got quite a few here,even found one with multitudes of spiderlings swarming around it,they seem to protect young .

Around here they are known as the dirty big Mt Druitt Triantelopes :)

I'm a little freaked out by spiders, but I like catching them and seeing them up close. I kinda want a pet tarantula :oops: wow, first I ask for a snake, then a lizard and now a spider. I think my mum may move out haha.

I'm a little freaked out by spiders, but I like catching them and seeing them up close. I kinda want a pet tarantula :oops: wow, first I ask for a snake, then a lizard and now a spider. I think my mum may move out haha.

Australian Invertebrate Forum - Forum

it is just like here, exept for inverts.....you will see a few familiar people on there aswell

Sorry every body the thread says male but it's a female..was gunna put the male up,but put the female instead.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

just wondering how do you sex them? whats that one male (as per title) or female (as said ^^^^)
I put down male,but i changed my mind n put the female.Didn't down-load the pic's of the male from my camera,so i put the female up instead.The male (palps) r like boxing gloves, n the female's is smaller n thin.

Very impressive huntsman you have there! I've a male and female too, can definitely tell the difference between the two from the palps alone.

Female
DSCF3985.jpg

Male
DSCF4217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back