biggest amphibian legally kept in australia (SA)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the daintys and red eyes (in same enclosure) have to be given different conditions compared to the green tree frogs?
Also a white lipped, are the conditions it needs different to the green tree frogs?

White lipped tree frogs require an enclosure that is at least 90cm tall. The air temperature should remain above 20 degrees, and they like their water to be heated to around 28 degrees. Green tree frogs are a little more "forgiving" if it gets a bit cooler. I have 3 of them and I have not found them to be any where near as easy to handle as my greens as they are super jumpy with very powerful legs.

There are fact sheets about both GTFs and white lips that you can find here:

The ARC > Care sheets

Really? What about the Wallace's flying frog of Borneo? It's a tree frog in the genus Rhacophoridae.
White Lipps have been recorded past 16cm and I have seen plenty larger than 10cm My white lipp at the moment is 7.5 and still not very mature. So unless the flying frog gets bigger I think the white lipp holds the record for now.

So since the white lipped are more jumpy, im guessing it is hopeless trying to hold them?

Incredibly hopless it is so hard and they are so slippery. Go for Magnificents they are big frogs (in some cases flipping HUGE) which are pretty easy to handle.

Have you seen any magnificents that dont have alot of white (patches) on their backs?
And will these be okay with GTFs?

I posted some pictures of some on the other thread. I never housed any with GTF's but they are similar enough so long as you have the temp requirements of the Magnificents because the Green Tree should be happy with them (Being a very versatile frog)

Hmmm.... sounds achievable.
Do the daintys and red eyes (in same enclosure) have to be given different conditions compared to the green tree frogs?

Near Sydney yes. Why do you ask?

Just that I think I know the guy, I bought some White Lips of him and they all carked it within 2 weeks, they were wild caught and he sells Citropa.

---------- Post added 12-Jan-11 at 07:42 PM ----------

Hmmm.... sounds achievable.

dainties and red eyes require more heating than GTFs, only a little bit more.

House them like they were in QLD so warm and humid a Green Tree comes from all over found in all states but Vic and Tasmania, Although I have seen them in Vic so I dunno about that distribution map. Daintys and Red eyes are more location specific along the eastern coast. so they aren't as versatile.

Ill try and get some set up in the next few weeks its my birthday on the 27th so lets see what that brings me :)
I got a supplier in parafield who sold me a 90x60x60 enclosure for $300 not bad for the size. I reckon ill just grab another of those.
Whats killing me is the amount of crickets im going through.
Im trying to breed them but it just aint happening

Cheers for that info
I will definately be trying that way to breed the crickets
and I have already contacted the frogs for sale host.
Do you breed your own?

Just that I think I know the guy, I bought some White Lips of him and they all carked it within 2 weeks, they were wild caught and he sells Citropa

got any contact details?

Yeah I still have contact details for him but I know you can't name and shame people on here you want his name or whatever PM me. I don't breed Crickets because I buy them cheap and my mother can't stand the noise. ahah 10 bucks a week plus.

Its rewarding. I love my frogs, and other pets but don't get me started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back