Biggest snake as pet in W.A?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
Besides from the Olive Python, Is the BHP the largest snake one can own in W.A.? I have a Stimi and a SWCP, and now i am after something larger. Also, are the females larger than the males? :)

The only pythons we can keep are Stimmis, SWCP's, Womas, BHP and Olives.... i want at least a pair of each hahaha.. but you need to have your category 3 license and have kept a stimmi or a SWCP for a year, to upgrade to cat 4

One month down, 11 more to go! How am I going to last that long!!!

Gives you time to save. My hatch BHP was $1430. You can get wild caught adults for under $1000 though.

Hey StimiLove
I ordered my BHP hatchie for $250 from snakeranch on their 20/20 deal - price is no longer a roadblock for BHPs!
I should be getting him in March :)

I know this doesn't answer the main question but why is it that snakes are not allowed to be imported into WA? I live in QLD and by far im pretty sure we have the easiest law.... Also now it comes to mind ive never seen anyone selling something from WA... Are yous not allowed to import and export?

Just thought id ask :)

can't import pythons and not allowed to sell/export without dealers license

looks like i'll have to pay the big bucks at the reptile pet stores :(
Yet i can go buy 50 cats with no lisence and no one gives a ******. Has the world gone crazy!

I know of 2 privately and legally owned Burmese in WA

Little bit bigger than Olives etc

I don't believe you but am happy to be proved wrong.
Excepting private demonstrators

Buy yourself a full tank of fuel drive to sa, nt or the east coast and start looking for a house i rekon. :p wa rules are way over the top. i really do feel for you guys. very pretty city, very tight laws. sucks

how is this possible?
If they are not on "the list" then they can't be bought/sold as a legal pet.
??

Read the laws about animals confiscated by Customs or Parks and Wildlife ^^^

There are clues there as there have been alternatives to killing them

PS.. You are correct that these can never be sold by the original buyers

Thanks Elapidae1, so if you live in WA can you sell like an olive python or BHP to someone else in WA just normally?

No You have to get a licensed dealer to transfer the animal for you, most are ok and charge a reasonable fee but some charge exhorbitant amounts.

Read the laws about animals confiscated by Customs or Parks and Wildlife ^^^

There are clues there as there have been alternatives to killing them

PS.. You are correct that these can never be sold by the original buyers

Then the 2 snakes are kept by licensed (private) demonstrators for the purpose of public exhibition which I think sits outside the definition of pet, as intended by the OP in his title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back