Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon-lover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi it's me again and i have a new thread for you! Have you been bitten at all by snakes? If so I wanna know and was it embarrassing? Yep it'ld be fun to know! so tell us in even if you haven't been bitten and you try tell us how it'ld be very funny. So i'll now tell you my story a small snake called Texas my mum was selling bit me FINALLY after i tried everything! :lol:

Are you saying you annoyed the snake till it bit you ???
or did it just bite out of the blue ??

hey gettin bitten is so bad hey,
unless its a 15 foot scrubby that smashes you:lol:
or a taipan LOL

Get yourself a young jungle and you won't have to do anything to get it to bite you :) My jungle is the only snake that will bite without any provocation. She bit me twice today when I was cleaning her cage ;)

My jungle used to bite all the time, now its just my bredlis(about 10 times every handling).

The funniest was at a reptile show when a guy was selling a Savannah monitor and telling a perspective buyer how tame it was. No sooner had he said it was as tame as a kitten as the monitor latched down on the guys thumb. We stood there and watched as these 2 guys were trying to get it to release, finally someone came with come pliers and was able to pry its jaws open.

Didn't have to annoy this one to make it bite. Texas was just a snappy snake.

I've been bitten 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Two of them latched on and didn't want to let go.

i have to agree if you tryed everything to get it to bite then you need to grow up, that is a form of animal cruelty and you'd be lucky if someone here didnt report you... how stupid coming on a reptile forum were everyone here love reptiles and telling us you tryed everything to make it bite you, would you do that with a dog ? or a cat ?

I got my big mac out the other night and i said "oh ___ hes trying eat me" sure enough within less than half a second he was. Hes such a placid snake, just has a very strong feeding response.

Its always funny when someone silly enough to trust a reptile gets bitten.

Also no snake will bite without being provoked by something or somehow having a feeding response is triggered.

i have to agree if you tryed everything to get it to bite then you need to grow up, that is a form of animal cruelty and you'd be lucky if someone here didnt report you... how stupid coming on a reptile forum were everyone here love reptiles and telling us you tryed everything to make it bite you, would you do that with a dog ? or a cat ?

shes about 11 dude:?

but why would she try to make it bite her?
isnt it common knowledge anyway, or is age an excuse now?

we may be reading into this to much though, she may have meant he just bit her, not that she provoked him to.

shes about 11 dude:?

not only is she young but it is actually a good thing to let your snake bite you. as then you realise it is all shock and not pain. alot of peopel are constantly weary because they are afraid of there snake biting them. it builds confidence in handling your snake, as most often the snake will bite due to hestitant moves or shaking or twitching.

dont go off at sme little kid for saying after trying everything, because i doubt everything she did came even close to animals cruelty. its not like shes there holding this snake cutting off bits of its tail till it bites her.

H.

iv only been bitten by my jungle,,i can hold her 4 about 3 mins, then she lets me no when she wants to go back in her enclsoure, by givin me a love kiss;)

not only is she young but it is actually a good thing to let your snake bite you. as then you realise it is all shock and not pain. alot of peopel are constantly weary because they are afraid of there snake biting them. it builds confidence in handling your snake, as most often the snake will bite due to hestitant moves or shaking or twitching.

dont go off at sme little kid for saying after trying everything, because i doubt everything she did came even close to animals cruelty. its not like shes there holding this snake cutting off bits of its tail till it bites her.

H.

agreed!!, iv read, and, and been told when u gt ur first snake, to let it bite u..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back