Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a mustard yellow colour which still falls in the black and gold category but not the brightest of specimens,is it an Atherton?It could also just be a coastal need to see a head shot!!

Looks like a mustard yellow colour which still falls in the black and gold category but not the brightest of specimens,is it an Atherton?It could also just be a coastal need to see a head shot!!

Thanks Browns :)

haha. Did you think I was trying to trick you all by posting a coastal without the head? :p

He's (apparently) a Tully. I've attached a head shot.

Last edited:
Yep definitely jungle,some coastals have just as good yellow as some jungles,not a bad Tully probably brighter in the flesh,a jungle freak specimen?

Yep definitely jungle,some coastals have just as good yellow as some jungles,not a bad Tully probably brighter in the flesh,a jungle freak specimen?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure who bred the animal, but I got it off rockman on this site.

I'm not really sure how accurate the colours are, but I don't think they're far off (photos upstairs, jungles downstairs). Could depend on monitor calibration as well though. But yeah, while I say I think the colour is fairly accurate, I don't think the photos do him justice. He just looks.... better... in the flesh :)

At this stage the plan is to try putting him over two females next year, one of which is mine (see attachment--that photo isn't mine, I might add, it was taken by the previous owner), the other of which is a friend's with colour and pattern closer to my male.

Last edited:
Thanks Browns, I should have typed B&G, it was an early morning and I hadn't had my coffee......

some great jungles poeple! unfortunatly the wrong discription is given to many snakes! the one that anoys me the most is blond spotted pythons. i have seen so many 'garbage' spotted being labelled as blonds. one of my females was sold to me as a blond and i would never sell her bubs as blonds...it is misleading to say the least, its showing more and more these days when people are reselling pythons under incorrectly labelled names

some great jungles poeple! unfortunatly the wrong discription is given to many snakes! the one that anoys me the most is blond spotted pythons. i have seen so many 'garbage' spotted being labelled as blonds. one of my females was sold to me as a blond and i would never sell her bubs as blonds...it is misleading to say the least, its showing more and more these days when people are reselling pythons under incorrectly labelled names

Worse than that, there's things going around that have been completely misidentified... like some "red phase coastal" carpets I saw recently on the tradingpost website.... looked suspiciously like bredli, but god knows whether it was a hybrid or someone who just didn't know the difference between a bredli or a coastal!

should be an interesting few yrs ahead to see what way the hobby goes in australia! it really bugs me seeing poeple mis liabelling snakes to get an extra few dollars!

Is the one on the right Black and Gold ??? Matty

Attachments

• DSC02593.JPG
    DSC02593.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 160
That's what I'd call a Black and Gold, Matty. Fairly similar to my female, actually.

Personally I would say a B&G is a jungle with very vibrant yellow and a jet black.

The one on the left is a Tully !! Only young though. Matty

Any reason its in with a Bredli???

I have seen first hand what mixing species can do... I should post the pic of the olive eating the intergrade again...

I had them all in there for a tidy up. They love each other :shock::rolleyes: Na , they dont live together and i dont need to see that pic again. Cheers Mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back