Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00029.jpg

You can get black and golds from many localities as said plus all shades inbetween and a black and gold line can also throw such colours as ivory etc,jungles as we all know are a lucky dip and very hard to pick as youngsters generally starting to colour up from 6-12 months usually looking their best around 2 .

Here's a nice black and gold Palmerston and black and gold is a bit of a wide name which covers black and yellows as well,you can get yellows,ivorys,golds etc from the one clutch!

Attachments

• P10106241.jpg
    P10106241.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 95
couple more variations..

Attachments

• 2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0093 (Small).JPG
    2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0093 (Small).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 47
  • P1000213 (Small).JPG
    P1000213 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0099 (Small).JPG
    2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0099 (Small).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 71
lol colin you love throwing that photo around .... beautiful....

Up with a few of the best Tullys i've ever seen that one Colin,actually looks like an sxr animal although it's not,i hope it stays that clean for you!Any recent pics of it?

Here is a Tully female, a mature animal that still looks as bright and clean as this.
Tully.jpg

and this is also a Tully animal
DSC_0001-1.jpg

Yes I have seen a lot of animals marketed as "black and gold" and unless I have some serious vision problems they could not be mistaken for gold or even yellow for that matter. I recently bought an Atherton because it had a nicely defined pattern, now it is not a colourful animal anyway you slice it, but I have seen animals with the same colours sold as B&G.

Up with a few of the best Tullys i've ever seen that one Colin,actually looks like an sxr animal although it's not,i hope it stays that clean for you!Any recent pics of it?

thanks. no recent ones Browns but will try and get a few. Its still like that and almost 2 years old. Just keeps getting brighter with each shed.
It was bred by Roger by the way :D

theres a nice SXR line atherton in my gallery (apollo) just had his mum have a pre lay shed last week.

Last edited:
My newest fella, 6yr old male bred by SXR. He's a bit past his prime colour wise, but still a good looker.

Dschhhhh_0335.jpg

0012577.jpg

He still is a stunning B/G Saz.... If he was mine, I would sell all his juvies as B/G jungles..... Even though these snakes are so variable with color in the same clutch..... I wasn't lying when I call them B/G..... It's just the buyers bad luck,lol.........

It's interesting to read how people define black and gold in jungles. I've always called mine B&W as I think the first jungle I saw was described as a B&W.
I have also described some of mine as 24 carat gold and others 16 carat gold.

Using such a description maybe a mistake as you don't often see 24 carat gold jewellery in Aust and there is a fair difference in colour between 24 carat and 12 or 16 carat gold.

24 carat gold is more of a dark yellow and the lower the carat ratio goes generally the colour is also a lighter yellow.

Old habits are hard to change as I'll still be referring to mine as B&W's.

The attached pic is the last of the 2006 clutch I sold a couple of months ago

Last edited:
Do you mean black and whites Nev?If so you may have to change those old habits as yours are as far from being black and white as they come other than maybe as hatchlings????

Out of curiosity, what would you all call this one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back