Black Head Query

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akuji

Reaction score
HI Everyone

MY brother has acquired a beautiful pair of BHP's in the last couple of days I have noticed this lump at her tail end, she has been booked into a vet in 2 days time, can I get some opinions from my fellow herper's.

DSC01604.jpgDSC01600.jpg

when did she last eat? has she been in with the male, has she had any babys (egg still in there!)??? what does it feel like to touch?!?!? could be a egg or she could be constipated?! i could be wrong tho as i very new to this!

hahaha

She has not eaten in 8 weeks, she has been with a male but no pre lay shed or anything in the last 2 months no eggs either. She had a small Poo this morning

evidence of alien probing? Sorry, looks like a poo about to happen.

It's a trip to the vet that what it is.... could be anything really... odd time of year for retained eggs, and if she's not eating that is a bit of a worry ...

Looks like she needs a big ****! Lol, i wouldn't worry too much she should be all good :)

That was my first thought too but the fact she had not eaten for a couple of months was what threw me. She was taken off her food by the previous owner not the snakes accord

Hopefully the vet orders an xray. Quite odd, one of my pythons ended up with compaction after eating then baking on a heat mat and it looked very simular, but with the above post stating that the lump has been their since 2010, I would be seeing a vet too. Good luck,

when did she last eat? has she been in with the male, has she had any babys (egg still in there!)??? what does it feel like to touch?!?!? could be a egg or she could be constipated?! i could be wrong tho as i very new to this!

Why the ******* would you respond then. ****s me more than newbies asking about what to name their snakes!

I do not want a flame war started I am open to anyones input thanks everyone.

Why the ******* would you respond then. ****s me more than newbies asking about what to name their snakes!

wow. im sorry to make you so upset! i was trying to help. Just remember we all start somewhere.

Really? She offered an opinion, she didnt state that she KNEW what the problem could be......so how is that so painful? :?

wow. im sorry to make you so upset! i was trying to help. Just remember we all start somewhere.

Yeah when you start or a new to something you listen, the saying is when you don't know something "eyes and ears open, mouth shut"

Yeah when you start or a new to something you listen, the saying is when you don't know something "eyes and ears open, mouth shut"

you could of just ignored it and gone on with your jolly old business. no need to destroy someone for putting out some suggestions of what it could be, just because she's new doesn't mean they are wrong.

It sounds and looks like a build up of urine due to being unable to pass from an infection at the vent. The vet will give a dose of Baytril and it should clear up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back