Black RHD woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney

Reaction score
About 4 or 5 sheds ago this snake looked like a normal woma and then after shed went a bit peppered looking, since then she has been replacing the reddish colour with black. Photo doesn't show it but it is more a blue black colour. The change in colour is still progressing she is healthy and normal in every other way. I have not seen this before wondering if anybody else has.

View attachment 118593
View attachment 118594
View attachment 118596
View attachment 118597

Dave from Pilbara Pythons found a woma that was almost black once. There is a thread on the forum about it somwhere. Interesting little fella.

That is a brilliant animal, congrats

There were photos a year or so ago of a Bredl with similar speckling black/lavender. Great job on the photos. It would be interesting to see if it's a heritable trait, but will be at least a few years before you can tell.

I LOVE freaky/different looking animals even if they do look ugly to some, NOT that this guy does, but its not your "classic" RHD and I have never seen one like that. LOL
Looking forward to seeing its progression.... Good Luck, I think your lucky to have an oddity like that! :)

I agree with scott you are very lucky i love its orange stripe down the back

very nice

theres a picture in a book i have,dave & tracey barkers pythons of the world volume 1 australia of something similar.it says its a wild specimen from the northeast of watheroo,WA.the picture is of a very rare southwestern woma.i dont know if this information helps you guys in any way,i'll leave that up to you to decide.
cheers shaun
p.s.imo its a gorgeous looking woma.

I also agree with Scott, I love seeing all these different colour/patterns that are starting to be produced here in Australia.

Thanks everybody he has turned to the dark side, I think in the next few years we will see a lot of new morphs appearing.he may or may not be one of them time will tell he is about 14 months old now so not that long to wait

You are definatly going to have to keep us updated on his progress rodney!!

Its a fader woma. Theres one down here in vic.It begins to change at around 2 years. The front will get lighter and the back will get darker in colour. At about 4 years the animal becomes dark almost black at the back and purpleish at the front.

Its a fader woma. Theres one down here in vic.It begins to change at around 2 years. The front will get lighter and the back will get darker in colour. At about 4 years the animal becomes dark almost black at the back and purpleish at the front.
Theo old "fader woma" hey (says like get smart).....Can you get any pics of it Reptilia, sounds insane, would love to see one!!!!

Theo old "fader woma" hey (says like get smart).....Can you get any pics of it Reptilia, sounds insane, would love to see one!!!!

Sorry mate, only got pics of fader bredli from a guy down here and a few pics of fader burmese and fader retics from overseas websites.

The woma ive seen is alot older and there for alot darker at the back. The pattern has become alot more distorted (completely speckled almost), particularly at the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back