Blue-eyed snakes - share your photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice longqi - prompted me to dig up an old one of a pair who shed a few days apart.
readytoshedheadssm.jpg

awww - love the baby photos. They do look a bit possessed with the blue eyes...

i thought you were not meant to handle a snake when it has gone into this stage of shedding? sorry for the first timer comment/question!

It's recommended that you don't. That was taken when I got him and was just about to put him in his new home. I always take a pic on receipt of new animals, that way I can have a good look at them via the JPG and don't have to disturb them for a few days.

If required I'll handle my snakes during their shed phase (which for an adult can take a week or more from blue eyes to shed) if I need to move them for cleaning or filling water bowls. You just need to be gentle.

Mine can be as active when they've got blue eyes as when they don't.

I've got Elton John stuck in my head now :shock:

Some snakes are more sensitive about this than others. I have had snakes at my school brought by a professional demonstrator that were 'blue', but still mellow about handling. I have a MD which is much the same. I am always more careful during that time, as scrapes can mess up a slough. The boy in my first photo on the thread is STILL waiting to shed, even though I fed him Sunday night. He has cleared up a lot, so should go any time now.

IMG_1492.jpg
My Bredli girl, Dekoda a few months ago ... lately they've been hiding when they're getting ready for slough, so no new shedding pics.

love the spooky look they get though, especially in yours, Shell! Freaky, but awesome!

Hey Hey,sookie my jungle does everything in hsr powers to get into my shirt and under my clothes so she can shed quicker,it is an amaxing thing to watch,the way the snake leaves behind an exact copy of itself is cool.

My MD shed just passed 3am yesterday morning, took her about half an hour to get it all off. It's the first time i've actually seen a snake in the act of shedding

getting blue eyed

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 43
My bredli looking a bit blue.... he shed on saturday at about 6pm, which was good it let the kids see it happen for the first time
P4170281.jpg

P4170284.jpg

my little childrenis has the whole blue eye thing happening at the mo.spends lots of time in his water bowl which is now half on his heatmat to gently warm the water.i think he likes that.resident evil snake at a ft long.......hahahahahahahaha.am trying to help him shed with water rather than repti-mist spraying.he is just so lifeless and mopey.

Now she's even more grumpy lol.

DSC_0047 (2).jpgDSC_0071 (2).jpgDSC_0059 (2).jpg
pencil.png

Thought I'd drag this one back to the top with a pic I took before my fella shed.

Before
6212648116_c38c9721e8.jpg

After
6264465639_967398c3d3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back