bluetongue vomited

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitzriese

Reaction score
Cronulla, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
hi guys, first time posting.

I have an eastern bluetongue (Trouble), together for three years now and my very first herp. He threw up tonight for the first time, all snail bits and a mostly clear liquid, and I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or just give him some extra care over the next few days. He came out of the tube he likes to sleep in to do it, and I must have looked over just after it happened because he'd only just woken up. And he's otherwise healthy - decent diet, not too hot or cold, good tail thickness, not lethargic or aggressive, plenty hydrated, not bound up, gets exercise and things to explore. The only new thing is a new stick with some snails from a new place I put in his vivarium 2 weeks ago (which I took out right after I cleaned up the vomit, just in case)

so, whats your advice? vet? monitor? overly concerned?

thank you!

was the snail baited? can you be sure it wasnt if you say so?

Where did you get the snails from?

If it was from a garden maybe they could be poisoned. Hopefully not but it's a possibility.

I do get them from the back yard, but I always quarantine them for a week or so before introducing them to the tank, so I don't think so? I certainly hope not!

- - - Updated - - -

The other snails are still alive, and it's been two weeks since I brought them home

Snails should be fine, poison will kill them within two days.

Out of curiosity, what are his enclosure temps and how is it heated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back