Body Armour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you ever stop to think mybe they where threatening you because of how you looked ?
from what i remeber from a picture it was grub like

did you ever stop to think mybe they where threatening you because of how you looked ?
from what i remeber from a picture it was grub like

Grub-like? o_O

Random people get threatened for no reason when walking through the bad part of town, t just so happens that you have to walk through it to get to the main high school.

I don't get threatened anymore anyway, since I've finished school. It's not really that I was targeted personally, it's a random thing.

I actually looked into this a few years back and of course the manufacturer of the body armour (in QLD from memory) knocked me back and when i asked why they told me that it was illegal for me to posess body armour unless i were in the military or police force because if i were to rob a bank or do something similar and illegal then it would make it alot more difficult for the authorities to stop me.
For those people that say its simple and that the cops would just take a head shot, They arn`t traid to take shots like that and if your willing to spend the cash on full anti ballistic body armour, a helmet of the same grade aint that much extra.

Perfectly logical - bullet proof vests stop nice police officers from shooting and wounding you (fatally or otherwise) meaning if you're the bad guy, you can get away.

And personally - unless I had liquid body armour I don't think I'd bother owning kevlar at all!

Needs to have some non-newtonian fluid impregnated to protect against knife attacks.

Alternatively, I believe Volvo offer a range of fully armoured cars - it adds considerably to their overall mass, and decreases fuel efficiency - but I do not believe you need a special license to own a Volvo with bullet proof glass, sidings etc...

could you just make your own? and if you no the right people get a fabric factory to make one, or a seemstress or watever they're called to make 1?

Will

What good's a bullet proof vest if you get shot in the head :p

because police cant shoot your head,they have enuf trouble shooting the centre of the seen mass hahahahaha

they are taught to shoot at the largest body mass they can see...... besides most of them wet themselves even thinking about pulling a weapon....unless they're from Qld or Vic :D

Last edited:
I had trouble getting a punisher movie prop bullet proof vest into the country. No kevlar but it had metal plates that had to be disposed of before I could have it

When I was 18 I wanted a 50cal mounted to the back of a hilux ute, you'll grow out of the idea I did!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back