Boyds Forest Dragon close up pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyscott

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I share some photos of some Boyds I took last Saturday at Cairns.

I cant wait for these guys to come on to Victorian Licence, I will be getting some.

Attachments

• boyds 1.jpg
    boyds 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 81
  • boyds 3.jpg
    boyds 3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 134
  • boyds 2.jpg
    boyds 2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 91
  • boyds 4.jpg
    boyds 4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 107
  • boyds 5.jpg
    boyds 5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 94
Ahhh jealous much! :p...Wow what a great experience that must have been!...

Funny looking snakes Andy. :p

Nah, they are very beautiful Andy. I am hoping to get one later this year.....or my daughter is lol

Last edited:
Nice photos.Were they taken a Cairns Tropical Zoo? The photo i attached was taken yhere about 3 weeks ago

Attachments

• boyds dragon.jpg
    boyds dragon.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 89
hey there andy

top stuff mate glad to see even though ya tryed ya hardest in the wild with no pics at least ya were able to handle one and get some great shots, cant wait till i get back up that way and into the daintree they are hard to spot but there are always a few around.

so i take it that your also on the waiting list for vic DSE to allow us to keep these lol

No they arnt wild, they are from Cairns Tropical Zoo.

Yep same Boyds, same outdoor pit, maybe even same tree lol

Great pics Andy...lovely colours on those guys, def adults, I wonder how old they are, do you know?
If i'm not mistaken, pics 2&4 same animal is a girl, pics 1&3 same animal is male, and pic 5 is a girl too but obviously a different animal to pic 2..
Cougars pic is a boy... but could be same tree... lol

How big is the display?
It's outdoor, yeah?
Got any more pics of the enclosure from a distance?
Thanks...

Great pics Andy...lovely colours on those guys, def adults, I wonder how old they are, do you know?
If i'm not mistaken, pics 2&4 same animal is a girl, pics 1&3 same animal is male, and pic 5 is a girl too but obviously a different animal to pic 2..
Cougars pic is a boy... but could be same tree... lol

How big is the display?
It's outdoor, yeah?
Got any more pics of the enclosure from a distance?
Thanks...
Yep you right with the pics 1&3, 2&4, and 5. Sorry I mixed up the pics when uploading them.
It is an out door pit about 6 meters long 3 meters wide, give or take.
Its a great set up though, Id love one in my back yard for RRBs or Tigers.
Although I didnt think to take a full pic of the set up.

Ah, so Jelous. I got offered one of these little guys for just $250, and got offered the breeding pair for a mere $700. I couldnt take my mate up on the offer as i could not afford to build or buy an enclousure. Devo. The reason it was so cheap was because he is a good friend of mine. One day, when i can am old enough to get a loan and be in debt. One Day..

Because they are on a class 2 licence in NSW.

Wait wait hold up, you have to be 18 to own a class 2 licence? Weak. Oh well. 5 months. Maybe i can con the parents into getting me one as a present.

when are they coming on vic liscence????????

Very good question gonff. The DSE is revising licencing ATM. From what Ive been told there should be a new range of herps we can have in Vic, including Boyds and Rough Scaled Pythons.
The revisions should be out some time next year, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back