Boyd's Forest Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mr B. I use eucalyt mulch from Penrith Sand & Soil. My AHD loves it. It gives a nice eucalyptus aroma when misting. I replace approx every week or two depending on how dirty he is. The insects can hide under it also which helps in the lizard hunting for it's food.

To sterilise, I place on a baking tray and place in the oven on 120 degrees for 20 mins. Just watch that you don't light up any small piece (done that before :oops: )

For my angle heads, I used sphagnum moss layered over a good amount of coir.
The coir gives them something to dig in and contributes to humidity, is also fairly sterile.
The sphagnum moss looks better, is easier to keep clean, also contributes to humidity and being acidic, does not promote the growth of bacteria.
Most other stuff i tried went mouldy pretty quickly in the high humidity and warmth of their cage.

My friend had 2 Boyds and she left crickets in the cage and the Boyds didnt eat them all. Few days later crickets got hungry and munched a bit on ole Boyds. So I can say dont leave crickets in cage if uneaten in a certain amount of time. Also they need upright perches and dont really drink from a water bowl so they need a spray of water for them to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back