Bredli not Shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disintegratus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have an Adult Bredli, hot end about 32 with a basking spot that gets up to about 38, cool end room temperature, hide in each end. Anyway, she went milky about a week ago, and yesterday morning she was sitting in her cool end hide when I opened it up to check on her. She had shed the top of her head, up to the back of her head, so I just closed it up and left her to it. This morning however she still hasn't shed any further, she's out and about but isn't even trying to get her skin off. Should I leave it another day or so, or assist her now? She's only ever had two other sheds in our care (we got her as an adult) and they were both perfect.

you can leave her in there for another day but make sure there are rough surfaces she can rub agaist rocks etc! or assit, warm bath should be good to help remove the rest!

Thanks for the replies:)
Yep, she does have a water bowl she fits in, I haven't seen her in it at all lately. I was just a bit unsure because she's not even trying, it's like she's forgotten to keep shedding. It doesn't appear to be bothering her at all though. I'll leave her til tomorrow, then give her a hand if she hasn't done it herself.

She finally finished shedding! :D
I checked on her when I finished work this morning, and she had shed about 1/3 of her body, but was just curled up in her warm hide. I decided to leave it til the evening after I'd gotten some sleep because she'd made some progress with it. I took the warm hide out of the tank, mostly to force her to move around a bit, and when I got up, she'd finished. Perfect shed, it was just a long time coming:D
Thank you for your replies everyone, even though I was stressing for no reason:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back