Breeder selling defective snakes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've had these snakes for 6 months, how can the breeder be entirely responsible for it's health at this point? Who is to say some of it isn't the result of your husbandry? Specially the clicking noise you described, sounds like it *could* be a RI. Imo there is a cut off point, where if you don't take a refund or exchange after whatever point then it is your problem and not the breeders, cause there are many variables that could go wrong which have nothing at all to do with the breeder.

nothing personal,Im afraid youve missed the pointIf you want correct history details of this, you can go through my olsd posts, im n ot in a position to explain sorry
If you've had these snakes for 6 months, how can the breeder be entirely responsible for it's health at this point? Who is to say some of it isn't the result of your husbandry? Specially the clicking noise you described, sounds like it *could* be a RI. Imo there is a cut off point, where if you don't take a refund or exchange after whatever point then it is your problem and not the breeders, cause there are many variables that could go wrong which have nothing at all to do with the breeder.

APS,-Youve obviously recieved my complaint, about posting this thread cost me my 'reputation', and choose not to respond. Can i get my PHOTOS DELETED, OR ARE THEY NOW COPYRIGHTED TO APS.? now?

I really hope for APS sake and other members that the use of" paint sniffing comments" ect, arent directed just at indiginous people, but everyone is blessed to hear this abuse.

Mate, I have no idea what you're on about but this thread is about reptiles. Can you please leave?

There seem to be a lot of confusion. Khagan, were you addressing me or the original poster? This thread went dead some time ago but since my enquiry was on similar line, I resurrected the thread. Sounfix came in with some indiginous issues ?????
Sorry if I hijack it, didn't mean to.

Last edited:
nothing personal,Im afraid youve missed the pointIf you want correct history details of this, you can go through my olsd posts, im n ot in a position to explain sorry

I haven't missed the point. I read the thread, and you received a snake with a birth defect, which other breeders have confirmed is more common than thought but does not effect them in captivity. This snake was exchanged upon request. You say yourself, it is eating, shedding and going to the toilet fine, but it has a clicking noise when it breathes. You label this clicking noise as being a defect fault due to the breeder, but in reality is likely due to husbandry and not a defect at all.

It's 6 months on and the breeder cannot be held accountable for the snakes health after such a long time, yet you're making a thread to say claim are.

Who gives anyone the right to give someone a bad reputation when they know nothing of the facts, I think a lot of people on here think they're so tuff sitting on their fat arses being tuff with a keyboard, didn't their mothers teach them if they don't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all. I would have done the same thing if I had been sold an unwell snake, and I also would have let people know, just the same as I would if I went to a bad restaurant. Some people need to get off their high horses and try and live in another's shoes.

i bought my water pythons in a poorly lit maccas car park in lillydale after dark without hesitation. I don't think there's anything dodgy about meeting someone away from your home at a time that's mutually beneficial (some of these times may be after dark) nor do i feel in any way insulted by their caution in dealing with me. I dont think this has become common practice just because its "herp people" and you are worried about people stealing your animals (which is a concern) but also because they're complete strangers who could be casing your house whilst you're happily showing them your snakes. before you know it, the lovely bloke or lady that bought a jungle off you came around and robbed you blind whilst you were at work. Might not even take the snakes. Just the 60 inch teli and sound system, all three of the $2000+ laptops and the ProHart hanging on the wall.

waterrat - in answer to you question. I dont believe an elongated head is truly a deformity, merely a variation in shape between individual snakes (albeit an uncommon variation). some people have unusually large or elongated heads and i wouldn't consider them "deformed", merely unique. I would say the same about these GTP's.

Who gives anyone the right to give someone a bad reputation when they know nothing of the facts, I think a lot of people on here think they're so tuff sitting on their fat arses being tuff with a keyboard, didn't their mothers teach them if they don't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all. I would have done the same thing if I had been sold an unwell snake, and I also would have let people know, just the same as I would if I went to a bad restaurant. Some people need to get off their high horses and try and live in another's shoes.

so you would blame the breeder if your snake got (let's just say for argument that it is a resp infection) a resp infection 6 months after you bought the snake? I understand if you bought it with a resp infection, it should not have been sold to you. But 6 months is a long time for the problems with this snake to be the breeders responsibility.

This is exactly what Market Feedback should be used for. If members actually used it, like ebay does, this would worm out the bad from the good breeders, and better choices would be made.

Food for thought...

This is exactly what Market Feedback should be used for. If members actually used it, like ebay does, this would worm out the bad from the good breeders, and better choices would be made.

Food for thought...

+1

Food for thought...

Normally I would agree with you, but it seems like this case would be an exception to the rule. It doesn't sound as if the breeder has knowingly done anything wrong. Once she found out the first snake had problems she offered a refund or a swap which sounds reasonable. Who knows, there may have even been an apology for not catching it before the sale.
Months later, there is a clicking sound whilst breathing which can indicate resp infection, which is a husbandry issue. I don't see how the breeder deserves a tick in the bad column for how she dealt with this customer.

by the way soundfix what is your humidity normally at? how often do you spray them? and what are your day/night temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back