Breeder selling defective snakes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we didnt meet in a dark alley it was a netball court I normally meet people at bunnings in daylight but I didnt pick the time she had to wait for her son to come home to drive her in.
The other snake with the defect tongue was given to a lady that had just lost a carpet python. I thought why would you want to buy back a snake you didnt want to start with. And thankyou Echiopsis

Sorry, but this is crap. The animals belong to you if you purchased them, otherwise all Queensland keepers would be doing is babysitting snakes/herps for the Crown. A commonly spread myth. The only reason they can remove your reptiles is if you don't comply with the conditions on your licence.

Jamie
like i said im only quoting from the EPA,i dont agree!!!!.
there is no way they would get my snakes (if i knew they were coming id change the taipans name tag over with my blackheads and tell them to do the bagging lol )

Thank you to everyone who has replied to soundfx's post. You have said what I have already replied to soundfx on the forum and in response to PM's sent to me by her

Thank you for confirming that the comments I have made were not unreasonable rude or uninformed.

Elizabeth

Breeders should ALL be doing meetings away from their residences in my opinion. You cannot be too careful in this hobby nowadays.
Hmm... isn`t your FULL name and adresse on the transfer papers anyways? I mean how hard would it be to look up an adresse on googlemaps or even plot it into a gps to find out where the other one lives?

Hmm... isn`t your FULL name and adresse on the transfer papers anyways? I mean how hard would it be to look up an adresse on googlemaps or even plot it into a gps to find out where the other one lives?
Read page 1. You can write "as per EPA records" on your transfer sheet. Nobody need know where you live except them.

most people i deal with just write their suburb, its up to the department to find the details not the buyer/seller. A countless number of animal breeders have had their collections stolen as a result of giving out their address, in this day and age it is pretty naive to think that these things do not happen. Without being involved in the deal and knowing all the facts it is hard to judge who is in the wrong, but if i were you sound, i would have taken the refund and bought a snake elsewhere, or been happy that it was offered at all. alot of people you will meet have adopted the too bad how sad approach to "defected stock"

Read page 1. You can write "as per EPA records" on your transfer sheet. Nobody need know where you live except them.

where can i read this? i would like to learn some rules as i would like to breed snakes one day. i was with my brother when he got his first snake and the lady was all jumpy and skitty and she didnt write her address on the papers but she showed us a copy of her lic to show us she was legit.... i was thinking your address is right there silly little girl haha

I don't think it says it specifically in the legislation but the address of a keeper is for office use only and has no consequence to the other party.

yeah i wouldnt want random knowing where i lived **** i have firearms aswell so if they are into stealing snakes i dont think there going to stop at that if they see a gunsafe over at the side with guns and ammo stickers all over it

FANTAZMIC- YOU INITIATED the private messaging,-m and NO- you have not confirmed anything about fused tongues, helping the snake, or anything else, ect- you are just annoyed because i didnt want to PM.Nothing personal, this is only a forum.-
Thank you to everyone who has replied to soundfx's post. You have said what I have already replied to soundfx on the forum and in response to PM's sent to me by her

Thank you for confirming that the comments I have made were not unreasonable rude or uninformed.

Elizabeth

"Tongue deformity is not a uncommon as we may think but many breeders don't talk about it because it may suggest they're producing defective snakes. I had a few cases of deformed tongues and although I don't know what the exact cause of it is, I suspect it's an incubation problem rather that genetic. If the breeder wasn't aware of the defect (the snake you bought) it doesn't say much about her attention to detail, if she knew, it doesn't hay much about her ethics. In my opinion, deformed tongue is not a big issue, as long as the snake functions normally but the buyer should be told and the snake should be sold at discounted price as a pet."

Thanks water rat, now i half understand the tongue thing,- just a shame,the breeder said, she'd NEVER seen/heard of it before, so i was a little concerned.

Last edited:
One point missed here is that you are required to sight the license of the seller/buyer. On that will be an address. It may be a post office box of course but its there.

like i said im only quoting from the EPA,i dont agree!!!!.

you're not quoting anything, you are just perpetuating an old wive's tale. it's not a fact, it's not the 'law', at best it's crap.

I would like to hear your opinion - would you consider these GTPs deformed / defective / imperfect? Take a good look at their heads.
They're feeding and functioning normally, the green one is 14 months old, the yellow one 3 months.

Hi waterrat they look very healthy specimens their lower jaw looks droopy a bit but is that because they have just been fed? wouldnt have a clue but thats the thing with animals unless its a obvious illness or defect that stands out like a sore thumb they cant tell you so you really have to get cloe and inspect them

They don't have droopy jaws. The heads are unusually elongate.

ahhh see i wouldnt have picked it exactly what i mean unless you know exactly what one is meant to look like its ard to tell if i was shown a pic of an MD or a jungle i probably would have spotted it straight away. havent seen a GTP up close since i was about 10. just wondering what caused it are they the only two you have with that issue? is it an issue? they look healthy otherwise so i assume as you say feedin well?

tHATS LIKE MY LITTLE FEMALE IN MENTION, HER BODY IS GROWING AND SHE'S FEEDING OK, SHE JUST has a small head that hasnt grown much from the eyes to the snout.
Its a bit late now, i think off-topic is an understatement, - but I lost all my reputation points for posting this thread. Beware,-. reason were "defect'?? and the other was just a point scorer, and got me twice Im minus-8 now.
Im a bad forum user.

I would like to hear your opinion - would you consider these GTPs deformed / defective / imperfect? Take a good look at their heads.
They're feeding and functioning normally, the green one is 14 months old, the yellow one 3 months.
Love the 14 month old one the blue stripe all the way down the back looks awesome.
I wouldn't consider them defective just different. Do they exhibit and health differences? Whether its an incubation thing or genetic I would guess incubation but I have no experience with Greens.

:shock::rolleyes::eek::? Soundfix, I would like to hear serious opinions.

Would people buy these snakes and call them normal or would you reject them? Should such snakes be passed on to other keepers?

I would buy them and I would pay the normal price (If I had it) because they are still beautiful and by the looks of it could still breed so IMO there is nothing wrong with them. Do they eat larger/smaller than usual feeds for GTP's their size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back