Breeding Carpets advise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingera84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am curious as to weather or not it is advisable to cross Darwins with coastals etc and other regions of carpets together?
I have a adult male Albino and people have said i should pair it with Coastal etc it doesnt need to be bred with a Darwin Carpet.
Thoughts please? This is just for extra knowledge. I am not considering crossing him i will only like to pair him with a nice darwin albino.
Thanks

what people said this ? are they willing to buy the hatchlings from you once the cross is done ?

albino darwin x coastal already been done, you can sometimes find them for sale on RDU and this site too.

you can breed a darwin with a coastal theres albino coastal x darwins out there and many others but lots of people dislike breeding other subspecies together and like to keep lines pure, but its up to you in the end,lol if i were you i would get a albino female so you can have baby albinoes :)
hope this helps

yes, iam not doing it, im def into keeping pure lines and will only like to pair two albino's. I have seen bits and pieces of cross breeding an seems so common. I never would have wanted to buy an intergrade but now its common practise. The pythons are so far from what the derived from now with your mutations. I dont no whats considered good and bad haha

yes, iam not doing it, im def into keeping pure lines and will only like to pair two albino's. I have seen bits and pieces of cross breeding an seems so common. I never would have wanted to buy an intergrade but now its common practise. The pythons are so far from what the derived from now with your mutations. I dont no whats considered good and bad haha

Intergrades occur naturally and cannot be made in captivity unless it is by breeding two intergrades together.Intergrades and hybrids are two different things.

Mutations are not the result of breeding two different types of carpets together.

Intergrades occur naturally and cannot be made in captivity unless it is by breeding two intergrades together.Intergrades and hybrids are two different things.

Mutations are not the result of breeding two different types of carpets together.
Thanks i know i wasnt saying mutations were a result of crossing. I was saying it common to manipulate genes so much in reptiles these days, especially from inbreeding generations. I have seen people crossing diamonds with coastals and selling them as intergrades. I am not saying everyone does it either by far. Iam only after peoples thoughts on crossing carpets.
I see albino x coastal etc all the time....im only asking if its considered normal in the herp world to do this.
Thanks for the replys guys :D this site has been a god send since i joined. There are so much knowledge on here its great.
I have been in reptiles since i was 9 years old and still learn sooo much everyday with new techniques and ideas as it booms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back