breeding rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashleigh... i have starved her, i have made the dead rat look as much alive as possible, i hit her with it, i left it with her over night, i brained it, rubbed it all over her. So many things i have tried *sigh*. She hasnt (and WILL NOT) get hurt or bitten by eating live rats, the rats i feed to her (will sound mean) but i handle them alot, so they are friendly and dont see it coming when she strikes and coils it. She is quick!! Even i dont see it coming!! (i am being nice so DONT ANYONE critisize me please)

One day your snake " WILL" be injured when coiling around a live rat.As far as switching the live feeder over to FK or FT you can do it with time and patience.

python gal
you really hav no clue
you stated awhile back in your thread you only feed your snake live pinkys, yet you have said a couple of pages back that your snake has been fed live food for the last 4 years. does that mean you have a 4 yr old snake and your only feeding it pinkies......
heres some advice for free.......
giv your animals away to someone who can look after properly and buy one of those pet rocks australis was advertising...

Ashleigh... i have starved her, i have made the dead rat look as much alive as possible, i hit her with it, i left it with her over night, i brained it, rubbed it all over her. So many things i have tried *sigh*. She hasnt (and WILL NOT) get hurt or bitten by eating live rats, the rats i feed to her (will sound mean) but i handle them alot, so they are friendly and dont see it coming when she strikes and coils it. She is quick!! Even i dont see it coming!! (i am being nice so DONT ANYONE critisize me please)

Well.. You said you what.. starved her for a month.. wow.. that isnt long at all!!
Like trousa, he starved his for a whole year until it took it!
It doesnt even seem like you are trying.

And how can you not expect people to critize you, look at what you are doing!

And for calling me stupid, you dont know the first thing about me!
I havent said anything peronal about you, only stated that i think what you do is wrong.

It is because we care how a rat "falls asleep" that we are good people. We respect life in all it's forms. We want to do what is kindest for an animal, even if it is just a "food item".

I disagree, we as a society call ourselves good people because we think what we are doing is ok. Us killing any animal that wasn't meant to die is cruel so we are not kind. Dosn't matter how we kill it were still killing it. Even the people who think they have never killed a thing have, think of the land your house was built on, think of the wooden furniture, think of the backburning etc etc, we kill innocent animals everyday for our own good and benifit. I don't think all those poor animals that get caught in our backburning get a choice on how nice or quick it is to get burnt alive. Like I said earlier I am not arguing which is the nicest method to kill something. What I'm saying is at the end of the day we are not nice people at all if we think we have the right to kill anything that wasn't meant to die full stop..

I'm sorry I am not having a go at you (will I am trying very hard not to) but how can you say a rat (no matter how tame ) will not fight for its life when a pyhton is going to eat it... I have seen captive snakes lose eyes from rat bites etc (none of my snakes are feed live)

Sure they eat live in the wild , but how manny snakes die from infections from geting bitten by what they have atacked in the wild.

Maybe look abit more into what people are saying to you about why not to feed live and I am sure you will understand where they are coming from.

python gal
you really hav no clue
you stated awhile back in your thread you only feed your snake live pinkys, yet you have said a couple of pages back that your snake has been fed live food for the last 4 years. does that mean you have a 4 yr old snake and your only feeding it pinkies......
heres some advice for free.......
giv your animals away to someone who can look after properly and buy one of those pet rocks australis was advertising...

Were did she say she only fed live pinkie's, she said she only freezes live pinkies. :rolleyes: . And like I said earlier melgalea, don't make personal judgement on someone when you have never met them. U havn't seen her snakes, u dont' see how much she loves them and looks after them. I can gaurantee you there's a lot more people on here that deserve pet rocks than her.:lol: . So pretty much everyone who has ever fed there snake a live rat should sell them cause they can't look after them:rolleyes: .

ALLANA
python gal stated that her snake only eats live rats.....she also stated that she doesnt and will not feed them live fuzzys or adults. so obviously she must be feeding them pinkies. get ya facts straight.

I disagree, we as a society call ourselves good people because we think what we are doing is ok. Us killing any animal that wasn't meant to die is cruel so we are not kind. Dosn't matter how we kill it were still killing it. Even the people who think they have never killed a thing have, think of the land your house was built on, think of the wooden furniture, think of the backburning etc etc, we kill innocent animals everyday for our own good and benifit. I don't think all those poor animals that get caught in our backburning get a choice on how nice or quick it is to get burnt alive. Like I said earlier I am not arguing which is the nicest method to kill something. What I'm saying is at the end of the day we are not nice people at all if we think we have the right to kill anything that wasn't meant to die full stop..
Perhaps you should take your friend Python_gal's advice and not have any snakes. Then perhaps you should leave your house and live in a cave somewhere. Perhaps you should not drink water, it has tiny little critters in it. Perhaps you should not eat vegetables, as they are living, until you pluck them from the soil.

Perhaps you should take your friend Python_gal's advice and not have any snakes. Then perhaps you should leave your house and live in a cave somewhere. Perhaps you should not drink water, it has tiny little critters in it. Perhaps you should not eat vegetables, as they are living, until you pluck them from the soil.

Crap youse is being a smart person Green willow :D

(smart in a good way :) )

Last edited:
oh well, i am going to leave it at this....
python gal and allana know it all...apparantly the other 30 odd people who have posted on this thread are inexperienced in everything. so since i am so inexperienced, i hav nothing more to say...
enjoy freezing your rats, enjoy feeding your snake live rats. enjoy being a wonderful and experienced reptile keeper.

ALLANA
python gal stated that her snake only eats live rats.....she also stated that she doesnt and will not feed them live fuzzys or adults. so obviously she must be feeding them pinkies. get ya facts straight.

lol wow ok I've just gone back through every thread here and could not for the life of me see were she said she does not feed them live fuzzies or adults. And well u really think someone would feed a four year old snake a bunch of pinkies. No need to get nasty at me, won't go far.

I am locking this thread now, as it seems that we are starting to get personal again.
Shame that the few spoil it for the majority!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back