Breeding woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, 12$ tub from bunnings, cant go wrong :p

Toilet rolls? probaly would be easier aye, might tray that aswell! lol

This is my setup, each row has about 50 adults and 200 from 2-20mm
100_3186.jpg

I couldnt agree more herptrader.
I just cannot justify spending 30dollars on so much fluon to do one tub though. I used to have some, but it dried up into a hard block.

I couldnt agree more herptrader.
I just cannot justify spending 30dollars on so much fluon to do one tub though. I used to have some, but it dried up into a hard block.
Yeah it is overpriced, but not having to clean out woodie poo that has gotten vaseline all through it and is stuck to everything is priceless lol

a bottle of fluron will last a life time. worth it to me

thats all you need, i dont bother placing a plate down for the food, i just throw it in the bottom, i wasnt aware brian wasnt doing the woodies anymore that will leave a gap in the market

Attachments

• woodies 003.jpg
    woodies 003.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 187
  • woodies 001.jpg
    woodies 001.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 203
thats all you need, i dont bother placing a plate down for the food, i just throw it in the bottom, i wasnt aware brian wasnt doing the woodies anymore that will leave a gap in the market
He hasn't stopped all together, he has just stopped temporarily to rebuild his numbers to keep up with the growing demand

Yes he is Jeannine :)

Quick question, and may sound liek a stupid one.

Which woodies should i try and keep in there to "breed"?
The grey ones with wings? or the black/brown large ones?

Which are the female and male? lol

I dont think i bought enough to start a collony so might run down shop and buy couple more tubs.

How do you guys clean out your containers? Dont the roaches just run everywhere when you lift out the egg cartons etc to clean the crap out? And how to do get the roaches out to feed to your animals?

Yes he is Jeannine :)

Quick question, and may sound liek a stupid one.

Which woodies should i try and keep in there to "breed"?
The grey ones with wings? or the black/brown large ones?

Which are the female and male? lol

I dont think i bought enough to start a collony so might run down shop and buy couple more tubs.
The adult males are the long shiny ones, the adult females have wings.
You can also tell the sex at a young age as the females have a much wider girth than the males

How do you guys clean out your containers? Dont the roaches just run everywhere when you lift out the egg cartons etc to clean the crap out? And how to do get the roaches out to feed to your animals?
The poos are really dry are its quite easy just to shake it into one corner and remove it.
Harvesting woodies at my house is just done by hand, its alot easier when they are cold

Thanks Geckoman. Do you just take them off their heat for a while before you need to harvest them? How long does it take them to cool down and be slow?

Also shaking the poo to one corner - does this mean you dont use anything on the bottom of their enclosure?

The adult males are the long shiny ones, the adult females have wings.
You can also tell the sex at a young age as the females have a much wider girth than the males

so i shall keep the ones with the wings! lol

Thanks Geckoman. Do you just take them off their heat for a while before you need to harvest them? How long does it take them to cool down and be slow?

Also shaking the poo to one corner - does this mean you dont use anything on the bottom of their enclosure?
Yeah I just keep the bottom bare, I find they slow down quite quickly, 30 minutes is more than enough time

So how long should it take before i start to see some lil woodies running around?

I noticed this today, when getting some out to feed Ruby, its like it was shedding its skin, and was turning into an albino? :S
The only thing it had left to shed was its head.. lol

- sorry bout the bad quality - iphone.

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back