Brick or bang!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
My snake will only take live mice and he is getting to the stage that hi will need bigger (dangerous) prey. So next feed i'll try again with a frozen and pre killed mouse.
just wondering about how people kill their own mice/rats?

hold em by the tail and swing their heads off something hard, you could try necking them, putting a finger on the back of the neck, push down hard then yank the tail to dislocate the neck, but every time i try that i pull the bloody tail off :-S

cheers
STP

I use a pair of kitchen tongs. For mice and small rats, hold by tail, grab neck with tongs, pull tail. For larger rats, hold by tail, whack with tongs hard on back of neck, between head and shoulders. Sometimes I miss, but as long as you nail the spine pretty good, it's lights out. Then I use tongs to feed the snake. On similar note, my 4 year old fed his snake for first time today. Killed the mouse himself and everything. I was quite proud.

4 Year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question: did he mean to kill the mouse?
just kidding.
Although, i know a guy at school who's brother killed his own guinea pigs.

Take a pencil and put it behind the neck, push down hard and break the neck.
Instant death, I tried the other day and works perfect.
That was with mice, don't know about rats though.

hold the tail and knock the head against something solid, 100 % guarantee kill.
use CO2 ina bag, I'm not sure about the exhaust method!???!!!!!

humane for the mice? in what parallel world???
I would say that snaping their necks are more "humane" than bashing them to death

Hold by the tail and flick them with some force so that the back or their heads hit a hard object such as a brick.result=instant death.
Killing with carbon monoxide(car exhaust) is not the way to go as it suffocates them and is also poisonous which would be no good for the snakes eating them.
If you want to go that way(gassing) much better to use vinegar and baking soda which produces carbon dioxide(which is not poisonous but lethal in large doses.)

cheers M........

:)

I somehow doubt that the residual carbon monoxide from the car exhaust in the lungs of the prey item would in any way affect your snake (correct me if I'm wrong, people).

I've used the carbon dioxide method successfully in the past - they simply go to sleep and don't wake up again. From what I've read, too much CO2 can be painful to them, so add the CO2 slowly - guaranteed painless death.

I use the method of holding them by the tail and throwing them at the ground....u only hav to throw them about 4 times before they die. Jokes, this method is a 100% first throw kill rate, the mouse is dead before it can figure out wat happened.

Just wack them on the head with a stick, works for me, they die.

what about just throwing them into an ice cream container and into the freezer?

I go with Fangsters method of the "flick and brick". I follow this up with breaking the neck with the "pencil" method as this reduces the nerve twitching reaction and also reduces the amount of blood leaking out onto your dining table. Another tip here, if you take away their water 24 hours before you are going to top 'em they don't bleed half as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back