Brown Patchs Need Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.w

Not so new Member
Reaction score
DSCN1569.jpgDSCN1567.jpgDSCN1568 (2).jpg
I have noticed two brown patches on either side under the lower jaw on my 4 1/2 year old Bredli when she emerged from her hide, the patches are the same size in the same position either side, she feed a week ago and shows no other sign of being sick, the inside of her mouth appears to be normal with no sign of discolouration and there is no discharge, it looks like a fungal infection between the scales but I'm not sure so wondering if anyone out there has encountered a similar thing, the enclosure is meticulously cleaned and there are no sharp edges, the enclosure is dry with temps of 28 - 31 day time 24 night, any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN1568.jpg
    DSCN1568.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
From the photos it it looks like some form of laceration. The symetry of the "wounds" seem odds as well, which to me suggest that there is a particar cause. You mentioned that the enclosure has no sharp objects, but I would suggest another inspection. If you are concern the quick answer is to take it to a vet. However if it was my snake and I believed it to be a cut of some sort, I would use betadine on it and monitor it closely.

A few years ago one of my snakes had a similar rub mark. It healed up nicely, but the scales that were affected have been black ever since then. Prior to the injury the scales where white.

Hmm im def no expert but could it be scale rot? I may be way off but that came to mind. I hope whatever it is gets better soon .

Thanks, looked like some kind of scale rot to me but the conditions in which she is kept gave no support to the symptoms, I have applied an anti fungal cream and will monitor the effect, may take her to a vet if no change in a few days but not just yet as they will want to retire on the fees over the long weekend.

Sounds like a plan chris :) even it it is scale rot its no big deal these things happen....its like when ur kids get nits lol doesnt mean they r dirty! :) trust me lol mine have had them n im a clean FReAk! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back