Brown tree snakes???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JordyC

Theres a trio for sale on herp trader and I'm just wondering wat people think... Are they speaking of night tigers or am I missing something? Are night tigers colubrids

You should email them to find out. Yes they are colubrids.

There are 2 verations of brown tree snakes, the eastern form "brown tree snake" and the northern form "night tiger" both colubrids.

Oh ok, the night tiger variation is slighty venomous right?

Jordy to be honest looking at your list of what you keep you dont have a snake as yet, BTS are not a good one to start with!

Oops should probably change that, haven't played with that in a while :/

I was looking at them this afternoon for myself :p. The night tiger form is a little more expensive so I'd guess that trio is the eastern form

night tiger is a colour variation- cream and brown stipes. Brown tree usually describes the other variant, which is solid brown. But 'brown tree snake' is the common name that is used to describe the species and can cover both colour variants. There, see- and everybody just thought I was an unhelpful jerk.

night tiger is a colour variation- cream and brown stipes. Brown tree usually describes the other variant, which is solid brown. But 'brown tree snake' is the common name that is used to describe the species and can cover both colour variants. There, see- and everybody just thought I was an unhelpful jerk.

i dont get it ive found nothing wrong with your posts??

I was looking at them this afternoon for myself :p. The night tiger form is a little more expensive so I'd guess that trio is the eastern form

Yep! to get good colored ones you will pay more each than what that trio is advertised for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back