Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just watched todays episode of little Brucey. He was on a crusade about illegal wildlife trade in Melbourne, which according to the authorities is 2nd only to drugs and generates billions of dollars a year in Melbourne alone. Glad I dont live there :)

Anyway the first capture is a lovely Goldern Tree Snake which according to Bruce is only found in Qld. Strange, I was of the opinion they are only found in the NT. You can learn something new every day by watching these shows. It must be right as its on TV.

The next capture was in a backyard shed. This time it was a python found in the bottom of a garbage bin filled with tree clippings. Bruce pulled out a beatifull Olive python about 5 to 6 ft long. Obviously again not from Melbourne and a smuggled reptile. He went on to describe how they are only found across the top of Australia and can grow over 4 metres long. The Olive was one of the darkest I have ever seen, with a almost rainbow sheen in it's colour. And unlike any Olive I have ever seen before this one had a bright yellow belly instead of typical cream colouration. Did anyone see this very educational episode????

And people bag out poor old Brady Barr

At least he called it a python, not a super dangerous evil venomous snake that only a pro like themselves should ever approach :D

i was watching something on fox last night, i think it was called taboo and was on ppl with weird pets pretty much. anyway they were talking about ball pythons and god they went on with some crap. stuff like... ' the ball pythong which is THOUGHT to be non venemous" and crap about how a 5 or 6ft ball python could kill a man (as if possible except under extreme and non normal conditions).
annoys the hell out of me how they twist things around to make them sound how they wish reguardless of facts, and half the crap they rattle off as if it is an actual fact coulnt be further from the truth.
and they also did a re-enactment of a "ferocious 14ft pet burmese python" which had eaten a cat but for some reason the burm looked surprisingly like 6 or 8ft max red tail hahah.

makes you wonder how much crap we get fed as fact that we dont know enough about to question and just take there word for it....????

. The Olive was one of the darkest I have ever seen, with a almost rainbow sheen in it's colour. And unlike any Olive I have ever seen before this one had a bright yellow belly instead of typical cream colouration.
r
I thought the same thing!!!! When he first showed it i thought water python and then he said it was an olive, so then i was confused.:rolleyes:

Dark body....yellow belly.....iridecent sheen.....it's gotta be a water python surely, not an olive?

I agree Bob, I posted something up about it on a previous thread. The Water python mistake shouldn't of happened from someone doing such a show, my 10 year old son knew what is was. The thing that gets me, was who supplied the snake? and how did the ID get stuffed up...unless someone was playing games ;)

I seriously doubt it was someone playing games JasonL.
When you see what some of the members on here say, it shows his shows are being taken seriously.....so sad. Next he'll be catching and handling "Hooded Crownded Snakes" :)

Obviously the scene was set up as are all shows, but how could you make that mistake. Whoever lent them that Water Python must have played a joke stating it was a Olive, and probably never thought the fool would fall for it. They must still be laughing their heads off.

I remember in his first series while in Sydney, they rescued a large Red Belly from a 3rd floor appartment no where near any bush. Possible, but highly unlikely considering the suberb they were at. Then the next rescue was in the western suburbs and they catch a Stephens Banded in a new house. Stephens are not even found in Sydney. Complete setup.

Whoever lent them that Water Python must have played a joke stating it was a Olive/QUOTE]
But surely he can tell the difference between an olive and a water python! He is a snake catcher for crying out loud. I know everyone can make mistakes but that is a pretty big stuff up to make, especially when its going on tv.
I consider myself fairly new to herps but even i could see it wasnt an olive

look at the way he trys to kill (i mean pin) the Copperheads.....or how an experinced snake catch tried to grab a wellsi about 20mm behind the head and wonders why it had him......or then was the curl he got wacked by and did not tell anyone about till he was in a bad way...

The copperhead episode was interesting. His chum nearly cops a bite in the neck/chest region. It's amazing what crap makes it to tv in the name of entertainment. I'd love to "pin" the clown with that hook to get it in the dwarfs head how damaging it can be to the por vicyim he "has to rescue".

I only seen it after JasonL had mentioned it about the water, was fantastic. And yeah it had to be smuggled in, couldn't be someones pet. Allthough even worse then this I seen a book (can't remember what it was) but anyways it was about pythons and elapids of australia and under the water python description it had a light grey, white bellied snake :| And in another one it had a picture of a snakes vent and was saying how snakes mate with their spurs and was pointing to a 'spur' The 'spur' was about 5 scales away from the vent and just a random scale.

Obviously the scene was set up as are all shows, but how could you make that mistake. Whoever lent them that Water Python must have played a joke stating it was a Olive, and probably never thought the fool would fall for it. They must still be laughing their heads off.

I remember in his first series while in Sydney, they rescued a large Red Belly from a 3rd floor appartment no where near any bush. Possible, but highly unlikely considering the suberb they were at. Then the next rescue was in the western suburbs and they catch a Stephens Banded in a new house. Stephens are not even found in Sydney. Complete setup.

hahahahaha i remember that episode, very funny. Thats the one where he grabs a diamond python from a backpackers hostel in Bondi, grabs it y the head very roughly, then it proceeds to pee everywhere.

I think the poor bugger is always going to be remember for his attempt at heading a death adder, then craps himself when he gets nailed.

i loved the fact that because the tree snake was only from QLD it had to be illegaly smuggled into Melbourne :rolleyes:

re Bruce

Bring back raymond Hoser everybody loves raymond.bruce is the shark in finding nemo,fish are friends not food.

once again everybody bags people for god sakes really so what the guy is passionate about saving snakes isnt that the main thing at least hes not out killing them maybe once u all get ure own tv show then u can start bagging people hey lets try that im sure all of you have made mistakes handling indentifying etc

once again everybody bags people for god sakes really so what the guy is passionate about saving snakes isnt that the main thing at least hes not out killing them maybe once u all get ure own tv show then u can start bagging people hey lets try that im sure all of you have made mistakes handling indentifying etc

I'm sure half of the people (with the exception of perhaps you) would do a much better show then this goose. I think it was kupper thogh that lent him the olive python ;)

why is everyone sayin it was smuggled and illegal just because it inst locale. maybe it is an escaped pet that is legal on someone licence. so really that was the first thing that came to my head when i watched it

i have watched his shows with my 8 year old son who loves snakes etc. I remember watching a episode were he was handling a snake that he was scared of and got bitten by it. what a dick.
why can't they just look at them and not touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back